24 May Human Resources Business Partner
Provide Human Resources generalist support for our client. As a member of the senior leadership team, the Human Resources Business Partner works strategically with leadership to successfully execute local, regional, and corporate initiatives within the company. The Human Resources Business Partner is involved with key initiatives and ensuring such initiatives are aligned with business objectives.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Talent Acquisition: Work with company leaders to create and maintain workforce staffing plans. Recruit, interview, and select associates to fill vacant positions in the company as well as manage the pre-employment process. Plan and conduct new associate orientation and on-boarding process. Ensure that competent, diverse, and skilled workers are hired and workload levels are appropriate and maintained, and work to minimize turnover. Track retention and assist company leaders in developing strategies that maintain and improve retention.
- Leadership Development: Partner with senior management to identify and proactively develop talent through formal training, mentoring, coaching, and “stretch” assignments. Participate in succession planning to ensure talent is available and ready to assume positions of greater responsibility both at the company and elsewhere within the Corporation. Responsible for personal development through internal resources as well as external resources.
- Performance Management: Oversee the performance management process. Work with company leaders on their associate evaluations. Provide training and consultation as necessary.
- Employee Relations: Provide coaching and guidance to company leaders and associates regarding employment issues in such areas as policy and procedure interpretation/application, dispute resolution, corrective action, leaves of absence, harassment, and terminations. Facilitate the company Speaks associate engagement survey efforts in the company. Analyze findings and review trends with senior management and recommend actions to ensure positive organizational changes. Coordination of employee relations/recognition related events.
- Compliance: Review, interpret, administer and ensure compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws, and company policies and procedures; including the maintaining and retention of all personnel records. Maintain all DQF’s (driver qualification files). Develop and maintain the company's Affirmative Action Program (where applicable), complete required Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) reporting and ensure Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) compliance. Perform investigations and prepare written responses to EEOC claims, unemployment claims, etc.
- Reporting & Documentation: Prepare reports as requested. Develop and disseminate reporting, as necessary, related to retention, labor, expenses, etc. Document investigations, terminations, and any other related matters. Conduct exit interviews upon voluntary separations to better understand the reason behind the separation.
- Safety: Support the installation, maintenance and continuous improvement of the process and strategies of the Corporate Behavioral & Compliance Safety program. Ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws as well as company policies and procedures. Adhere to all GMP’s (Good Manufacturing Practices), PWM’s (Preferred Work Methods), and all other safety policies. Direct resources and activities to support a culture of prevention awareness and accountability across the organization. Support the development of Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) plans to meet operational goals to reduce accidents, injuries and incidents. Partner with 3rd party administrator (TPA) to manage workers compensation claims.
- Compensation and Benefits: Oversee all benefits and compensation policies, procedures, and programs. Provide guidance on benefits and compensation strategy planning and administration. Communicate all benefit and compensation programs to associates.
- Training: Oversee the execution and delivery of all local training for all associates. Deliver leadership training for all company leaders on various HR topics, including ethics, labor laws, policies, and procedures. Oversee administration of the Corporation's Interactive University (SIU) programs.
- HR & Safety Team: Provide day-to-day direction and support to HR and Safety staff including proactive guidance, troubleshooting support, and issue escalation.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree with major or emphasis in Human Resources, Industrial & Labor Relations, or a closely related field; or equivalent related experience.
- Advanced experience in labor relations (union)
- 7-12 years of HR experience in the design, development, and execution of HR strategies and tactics
- Strong consultative, presentation, and business communication skills
- Valid driver’s license and driving record
- Bilingual in Spanish or Creole is a plus
CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI) Professional Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional Human Resources (SPHR) certification preferred
- Systems Applications and Products (SAP) experience preferred