19 Apr CFO
About the Role
The CFO North America reports directly to the CEO North America and Global CFO, and as direct line management responsibility for Finance and IT in North America. The incumbent holding this position is a member of the Executive Leadership Team.
- manage the organizations Finance and IT functions
- control the work of other supervisory, professional, and managerial employees
- exercises direction over the day-to-day operations of the activity of Finance and IT functions
The CFO has a direct report Finance & IT leadership team of 10. In addition to these direct professional and supervisory reports, an organization of approximately 100 financial positions located in the U.S. and Canada indirectly report to the CFO.
The CFO directs the management of Corporate and Operational Finances. The position is responsible for providing overall strategic and operational direction to North America accounting, financial planning and analysis, budgeting and forecasting, taxes, credit management and internal control. The position works with the CEO and the Executive Leadership team to establish strategic financial plans, operating policies, and the leadership necessary to enhance revenue growth and operating efficiencies while maintaining controls and sound procedure throughout the region.
The CFO North America also is responsible for challenging and supporting the business, increasing the company’s ability to anticipate business issues, and driving good decision-making through sound financial management. The position plays a dual role as a member of the Global Financial Leadership team and the North American Leadership team. The CFO functions in a matrixed environment at a broad-based, strategic level while being capable of driving detailed, tactical execution. The CFO also establishes the financial policies for North America.
The CFO North America has wide latitude in discretionary decision making. The position is expected to improve business practices for higher performance levels by introducing incremental improvements to processes, operations, and/or practices that improve business performance. The position uses fact-based analysis or external benchmarking to establish new ways of doing things to deliver higher levels of performance; identify mistakes, analyze reasons for them, and introduce changes to avoid them in the future; and identify and examine alternatives, evaluate costs, risks, and benefits. The CFO North America must think and lead strategically, linking long range vision and strategy to daily activities while articulating strategy so that employees feel included in the Company’s future.
The CFO North America has full responsibility for the day-to-day operations of the Finance function across the division. In service of the Finance function, the CFO North America performs the following specific duties:
Manages direct, professional supervisory reports;
Ensures operational and financial performance analysis and monitoring.
- Leads the budget process, implements a robust, successful financial model using supporting systems and processes for North America
- Ensures monthly closing process is timely and accurate;
- Reviews the actual performance against the budget and previous year for North America
Drives a strong financial process and control mindset through North America:
- Sets and implements policies and practices that facilitate successful business integration by drawing on knowledge of country specific statutory and management reporting requirements and internal controls;
- Sets policies and practices that anticipate and address evolving customer and market demands; and is responsible to ensure their alignment with group internal controls;
- Ensure that treasury, audit, and tax comply with local and international regulations and company internal control rules;
Be strategic business partner:
- Supports major projects through due diligence, financial analysis, and integration;
- Leads or collaborate to strategic transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, large project financing, and related activities;
- Employs deep understanding of the company's global manufacturing cost management, distribution, and commercial strategy to maximize value to North America from multiple production facilities
Builds strong teams and momentum for change and innovation:
- Develops a compelling, diverse financial and IT talent pool to ensure the Company has strong, proactive financial leaders;
- Ensures that the collaboration between Finance and IT to better synthesize and simplify information from the Enterprise Resource Planning (“ERP”) system (SAP) and to develop new ways utilize reporting and business intelligence (“BI”) tools;
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree and Master’s Degree, in Finance or a related field required. CPA preferred.
- Minimum of 20 years of professional experience with demonstrated success leading and building high performing finance teams.
- In-depth understanding of best practices, tools, platforms, and systems within the Finance space with the ability to implement and drive adoption of new processes and tools. Previous experience with SAP highly desired.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational navigation and presentation skills; experience working with executive business leaders and comfortable presenting to all levels of the organization from front of front-line employees to the most senior executives including the CEO.
- Experience using G-suite tools including Gmail, GoogleSheets, GoogleDocs etc. Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, and experience with various Recruiting tools including HireVue, iCIMS, LinkedIn, Workday as well as various job posting websites, pre-hire assessment tools, candidate referral and branding tools.
- Relentless drive to find and connect with the best talent
- Experience coaching hiring managers throughout the recruiting process
- At your best in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Ability to qualify a candidates and understand what each candidate brings to the table, as well as connect that candidate with the right opportunity
- Demonstrated proficiency working with and leveraging ATS systems. Previous experience with Workday ATS highly desired.
- Ability to connect and effectively communicate with people of all levels.