12 Jul Director for Innovation
As the Director Innovation, you will work cross functionally with several teams to execute on a wide variety of strategic and transformative projects aimed at achieving the strategic and financial objectives of the business and preparing the business for future. You will work independently to drive cross functional organizations improvements and change.
You will work either individually on small projects or with other members of the innovation team in a larger project team structure to deliver on the business results. You may be asked to drive business transformation efforts, craft operational strategy, develop new revenue-generating initiatives, or conduct analytics across one or more of our business areas. These projects will be conceived at the highest levels of the organization and, as such, may have the visibility at that level.
- Providing proactive and engaged leadership on key projects designed to fix root cause of revenue leakage, increase revenue, reduce expenses, enhance business efficiency, and improve customer experience.
- Being an effective change agent utilizing proper stakeholder analysis and change management techniques.
- Driving projects and teams that span multiple business units that will require executive stakeholders, management and status presentations.
- Working with the VP IT & Innovation to provide effective leadership for the initiatives under analysis and execution.
- Quickly understanding business drivers and levers that span multiple countries and functional organizations.
- Presenting, and discussing, initiatives to all management levels, including C-level executives.
- Analyzing various drivers impacting key metrics and outcomes and providing a fact-based recommendation for new initiatives to the senior management.
- Facilitating team meetings and cross-functional workshops.
- Conducting analyses to prove or disprove hypotheses driving the project execution.
- Proactively anticipating and working towards mitigating risks to project execution or stakeholder engagement.
- Supporting others by providing coaching on business transformation and methodologies.
What We’re Looking For...
You have a strong focus on strategy, operational processes, and customer experience. You have the ability to drive results at all levels with a proven record of performance and trusted professional credibility. You have excellent interpersonal skills and are a strong communicator (both verbally and written). You are comfortable working up and across the organization with senior staff members and front-line employees.
You’ll Need To Have:
- ** YOU MUST HAVE HOSPITALITY AND/OR GAMBLING/CASINO EXPERIENCE **
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, finance, business, or related discipline or ten or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of IT project structure and Agile processes.
Even Better If You Have:
- An MBA.
- Experience working in a tier-1 management consulting organization.
- A PMP Certification.
- Experience or certification in Lean Six Sigma.
- Five or more years of experience in casino, gaming, hospitality or related industries.
- Knowledge of gaming and hospitality IT systems.
- Proven record for managing multiple simultaneous projects on time and budget.
- Excellent presentation skills, including ability to create presentations using MS PowerPoint and experience presenting to all levels of an organization.
- Outstanding quantitative and analytical skills, including ability to conduct outside/inside research, analyze data, and use MS Excel effectively to develop models and drive analyses.
- Proven facilitation, change management, and problem solving experience.
- Demonstrated competency in strategic thinking that results in new ideas that drive the business forward.
- Desire to think outside-the-box and recommend solutions that could drive revenue or spend reductions for various business units.