05 Sep Director HR PMO
Our client is seeking a Director HR PMO to lead the planning, organizing, and integration of cross-functional HR programs and/or projects to deliver specific, measured results. This position will partner with project owners to ensure the delivery of HR initiatives through a lightweight, nimble project management framework consisting of PMO processes, common templates, controls and assurance activities.
This position requires the ability to work with minimal direction, the capacity to move quickly and be flexible while delivering high-quality results. An eye for process improvement is critical as we will look to this position for input on how to evolve current processes.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
• Facilitate the HR Strategic planning process. Maintains the HR Calendar and ensures that HR processes are rolled out to the business in a logical, coherent way.
• Management of the HR PMO and its portfolio of initiatives, including quarterly portfolio reviews with the HR leadership team
• Assume responsibility for the full scope of multiple projects, including resource scheduling, project tracking, risk analysis and cost management
• Develop executive level briefing material associated analytics to guide and steer decision making. Proactively communicate status, budget, and time line updates internal and external customers
• Drive establishment and compliance of project management guidelines and practices to ensure effective, efficient, high quality delivery that consistently meets or exceeds the expectations of the business
• Rigorously manage scope to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed on time, cost, and quality parameters
• Conduct project postmortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements and support continual improvement initiative
• Assist in the review of project requests; related impact to other PMO managed activities; and clearly identifying potential risk
• Provides coaching, mentoring & guidance to the project teams, where appropriate
• Provide thought leadership to program and project delivery and lead continuous improvement program in project delivery
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
• 12+ years of relevant experience and a BS, MBA and/or Master’s highly desired.
• Experience should include 7+ years of participation in cross-functional project management activities.
• Strong communication and relationship building skills at all levels, with the ability to interpret and summarize data to help management achieve strategic and operational goals
• Previous M&A experience
• Experience leading cross-disciplinary, cross-functional projects to drive business process change affecting multiple business units
• Clear and articulate oral and written communication skills, including report writing and presentation skills
• Strong analytical and decision-making abilities
• Excellent project management and organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
• High degree of organization and ability to manage multiple, competing projects and priorities simultaneously
• Proven experience of managing projects, budgets and justifying resource needs to senior leaders and finance partners
• Thick skinned, with a sense of humor and ability to roll with the punches and pivot as required
Our Client’s Core Values:
• Integrity (Doing What’s Right)
• Inclusion (Encouraging Diversity)
• Teamwork (Working Together)
• Excellence (Being Your Best)
• Accountability (Taking Personal Responsibility)