14 Jul Director of Human Resources
Our client is seeking an HR Director/ Site HR Leader for a 450-employee manufacturing facility in Northern Alabama. This is their largest facility in North America and manufacturing products for both residential and commercial applications. Leading an HR team of 4, the successful candidate will execute HR strategy across multiple functional areas including talent and performance management, talent acquisition and retention, employee and labor relations, training and development, benefits, regulatory compliance, and HR reporting and analytics. The Ideal Candidate must also have previous experience managing the HR function in a unionized setting as there is a collective bargaining agreement in place for the hourly workforce.
In this position you will have the opportunity to:
• Design, develop and lead the execution of a spite specific HR Operating Plan to include strategies in all HR functional areas inclusive of talent management, talent acquisition, labor relations, employee relations, on-boarding, performance management, succession planning, & training and development.
• As a member of the Site Senior Leadership Team, partner with peer site leaders to achieve business goals and objectives while establishing a positive organizational culture and driving increased level of employee engagement.
• Change Leadership -- provide change/communication management leadership support to ensure the successful implementation of facility’s multiple capital improvement projects. Work closely with the site leadership team to deliver solutions that support achievement of business needs and drive change initiatives to improve operational performance.
• Team Leadership – attract, develop, and retain a high credibility / high performance local HR team. Lead the HR team’s efforts to improve policies, processes, and overall HR functional effectiveness.
• Talent Management -- Work closely with Corporate Talent Management COE on talent management initiatives including employee assessment, development, organization effectiveness, and succession planning.
• Talent Acquisition -- Work closely with Corporate Talent Acquisition COE to shepherd local full cycle recruitment efforts including candidate experience management; partnering with outside search partners; selection process definition and execution; and internal hiring manager relationship management.
• Labor Relations -- Lead management team efforts to ensure consistent understanding, and compliance with, the local collective bargaining agreement. Successfully establish a respectful and productive working relationship with local Union leadership team members. Serve as the local SME on all Union related matters inclusive of grievance process; contract language interpretation; and negotiations.
• Employee Relations -- manage the employee relations function and assist in counseling employees. Provide coaching and counsel to peers and other local people managers on all employee relations related matters.
• Ensure compliance with all employment related federal and state regulations.
To be successful in this position, you will need:
• A bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Psychology, or Business. Masters degree highly preferred.
• Minimum of 8-10 years of Human Resources experience including at least three years in a manufacturing environment required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum of 3 years of HR team leadership experience in a similar environment.
• Proven success managing the HR function in a unionized setting. Direct labor contract negotiations experience is a definite plus.
• The ability to build strong relationships and establish strong interpersonal connections at all levels of the organization; treat others with respect; conduct business, internally and externally with professionalism and tact; and establish rapport and trust at all levels within the organization.
• Strong quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills with Exceptional attention to detail.
• Exceptional verbal/written communication skills. To include the ability to translate/communicate, ideas, thoughts, recommendations, and results using the appropriate method. (i.e. PowerPoint; Data Driven Reports; Email; etc.)
• The ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion when managing sensitive employee information.
• Thorough knowledge of federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
• The ability to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing tasks and demands.