27 Jun Employee Relations Director
The Director Employee Relations will serve as a key strategic partner to the company’s Executive leadership team in the development and implementation of operational Employee Relations strategies. This is an opportunity to make a significant impact in “standing up” a COE that will support the achievement of stated cultural and business objectives for an industry leading brand.
The Director Employee Relations will lead the strategy, planning and execution of the company’s employee relations program. As a proactive leader, and SME, the Director Employee Relations will collect and analyze trend data to provide ongoing executive summaries and recommendations to the Executive Leadership Team. The Director Employee Relations will work with each business unit ensuring that policies and procedures address the needs of the business while being current and in compliance with federal and state laws.
The Director Employee Relations actively participates on the People Operations leadership team, partnering directly with all leaders of the organization as well as the HR Business Partner team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and lead the employee relations strategy ensuring the program is successful leading to further employee engagement and overall satisfaction.
- Manage the company’s third-party vendor relationship ensuring the program is designed and is effective to meet the needs of all team members as it relates to employment questions and concerns.
- Oversees investigations ensuring that each is properly conducted, documented and resolved including any necessary follow up.
- Investigate claims of unfair treatment, policy violations, discrimination, and workplace harassment. Serve as an impartial resource to resolve workplace conflicts. Provide recommendations to HR Business Partners and management.
- Provide technical human resources assistance, advice, and counsel to senior management and team members at all levels regarding sensitive workplace issues.
- Develop, implement, administer and interpret company policies and procedures that align with organizational philosophies, objectives and core values.
- Partner with other HR COEs and Business Partners to deliver customized programs and services to the business.
- Monitor and stay abreast of employment and employee relations trends and practices. Advise senior management on emerging HR trends and partner with the leadership team to support the Company’s strategic direction.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources, labor management, psychology or equivalent required.
- Master’s / law degree with a focus in employment law preferred.
- Ten (10) plus years of progressive experience in multiple areas of human resources required.
- At least four (4) years of experience overseeing and conducting investigations with a proven track record of managing complex case loads.
- High business acumen with the ability to translate business objectives into Employee Relations COE priorities.
- Excellent decision-making skills with the ability to exercise judgment and independently determine and take appropriate action where precedent may not exist.
- An impact player/role model that will behaviorally promote the organization’s core values and ways of working.
- Demonstrated success building employee relations solutions and programs that can flex to meet the needs of the business. Inclusive of leveraging available technology/partner to drive proactive trend analysis and policy development.
- Demonstrated success as an investigations SME in high velocity environments.
- Demonstrated success managing complex organizational projects and enterprise wide implementations.
- Demonstrated success championing change and influencing/facilitating results in complex organizations.