24 Aug Head Age Group Swim Coach
You are the right person for this job if you …
- Have a passion for swimming and positively impacting the life of the individual’s you coach.
- Are committed to utilizing swimming and training to make a difference in the athletic and personal lives of every swimmer. Regardless of their individual swim times!
- You are a high energy, high impact, coach that actively engages with their swimmers when they are in, and out, of the pool.
- Can readily identify and discuss your personal success as a Swim Coach and competitive swimmer, and the positive impact you have had on your swimmer’s lives.
- Want to be a part of the coaching staff of a Gold Medal swimming club!
Our client’s Mission Statement:
To develop our athletes through positive experiences to promote an environment where athletes can reach their maximum potential. We are a competitive swim program. We are committed to small group sizes and personal attention to all athletes from our coaches. We develop our swimmers with excellent on deck coaching as well as provide them with an excellent dry land program with certified Trainers. Our goal is to make the process of learning more enjoyable and positive. We fully understand that every athlete’s development is not the same and it is our goal to give experiences each athlete needs to feel valued and part of the team. We intend to provide a program where athletes are all challenged to reach their maximum potential. We promote all of our athletes to not only make BIG GOALS but also to reach BIG goals.
Our client’s Vision Statement:
Swimming teaches you life skills. The owners, staff and coaches all believe that an athlete can feel valued and swim fast. We are a competitive program however success is about having fast be an outcome of the process not have fast be the focus. We intend to continue to achieve that outcome by having an excellent swim program with energetic coaches that focus on swimming technique and fitness; also by providing our athletes with an excellent dry land training program with certified trainers, that complements their training in the pool.
A Typical Day for a Head Swim Team Coach Could Include …
Our client is looking for a passionate Head Swim Team Coach (11-14 year old age group) who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and will help Swim Team members improve their swimming in their state-of-the-art Aquatics and Sports training Academy. Our client’s facility is a multisport training center that combines expert coaching with a state-of-the-art facility that features a 50-meter Myrtha pool, 5,500+ square foot indoor training facility, outdoor training spaces, and an onsite running loop.
· Writing and leading Swim Team Group Workouts according to a season plan
· Spending time on the deck
· Developing and Coaching Swim Team Coaches on your team
· Scheduling and utilizing office hours to correspond with and meet with swimmers and their parents
· Scheduling and providing one-on-one private lessons as requested
· Maintaining the cleanliness and order of the Aquatics Facilities
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
· Creates an educational, safe and inviting experience for all participants
· Initiates, develops and maintains positive relationships with participants
· Provides a safe, clean and organized pool area
· Promotes and sells all Aquatics programs and services
· Assists in enforcing club and pool policies at all times
· Acts as the liaison between the Aquatics Department Head, USA Swimming, Swim Coaches and Parents
· Participates in weekly staff meetings
· Writes the season plan and workout templates for each season
· Enters the swimmers into the swim meet program
· Schedules Swim Coaches to attend swim meets and represents the Swim Club positively
· Immediately reports suspicious or inappropriate behaviors or abuse relating to youth
Education & Experience:
· Four-year college degree required
· Minimum of three (3) years swim coaching experience required
· Prior collegiate level competitive swimming experience required
· Prior competitive Swim Club coaching experience preferred
· Swim lesson instruction experience preferred
· One year customer service preferred
Licenses / Certifications / Registrations:
· Member of ASCA and USA Swimming
· Safety Training for Swim Coaches certification
· Red Cross Lifeguard and First Aid preferred
· Purposefully designed ABOVE MARKET total compensation package