01 May Human Resource Manager, Business HR
We are searching for an experienced Manager, Business HR at our Fairfield, CA manufacturing plant. You will join a global team of HR professionals who come to work every day with energy and enthusiasm because we know that what we do is meaningful to all those who depend on our company and our products.
• Partner with the plant leadership team and provide sound HR guidance and input to support business objective & strategies.
• Manage all aspects of HR for the plant with focused support in organizational design, skill gap analysis, talent management, compensation, employee development, performance management, change management and planning & forecasting.
• Coordinate the delivery of all HR services through partnerships with the HR practice centers and service centers including Learning & Development, Talent Acquisition, Employee Relations, Compensation and Benefits.
• Champion HR excellence at the site and development of roadmaps to drive continuous improvement in metrics and assessment scores.
• Proactively work with site leadership to manage staffing, movement of internal talent and development of talent. Lead the talent management review process and ensure the plant has robust succession plans for critical roles.
• Monitor the pulse of the plant and partner with the leadership team to drive an inclusive, engaged high-performing culture within the plant.
• Prioritize critical projects based on business need and available resources. Develop proposals and recommendation to resolve new, complex, or strategically important issues.
• Partner with talent acquisition to lead and support local recruiting efforts specifically, local career fairs, universities and veteran recruiting.
• Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with the legal department as needed/required.
• Work with Occupational Health nurse to ensure that wellness programs, industrial hygiene, and employee medical files are consistent with Federal, State and Local regulations.
• Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or a related field.
• SPHR or PHR certification preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years of progressive HR experience with exposure to multiple functions (talent acquisition, employee relations, compensation, talent management, training, employee development, etc.)
• Experience in a non-union manufacturing environment with exposure to Lean Six Sigma/Continuous Improvement.
• Experience in the food & beverage or consumer product industry preferred.
• Sound knowledge of US and California State employment laws.
• Demonstrated understanding of business financials and metrics with ability to demonstrate how HR can impact them.
• Able to effectively interact with all levels of employees.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills and problem solving, decision-making skills required.
• Strong presentation skills and facilitation experience needed to effectively deliver a wide variety of HR-related training to groups of both managers and employees.
• Ability to successfully influence others not under his/her supervision to ensure desired results are achieved.
• Strong organizational skills with an ability to prioritize and multi-task.
• Comfortable with high volume workload.
• Willingness to “roll up your sleeves”.
• Bias for action, strong work ethic and desire to achieve excellence.
• Solution oriented.
• Can identify issues early.
• Comfortable working in an environment which demands business results.