10 Apr Knowledge Base Manager
The Knowledge Base Manager is responsible for the operation of a department – An individual in this position will be expected to perform additional job-related responsibilities and duties as assigned and/or necessary
- Manage the program effectiveness by measuring and analyzing knowledge-base performance – identify program inconsistencies and deficiencies to increase work productivity and reducing overall cost; Manage the current knowledge management practices as well as design new knowledge distribution policies and encourage use of the new practices
- Implement knowledge base standards and governance by adhering to governance processes for content development and maintenance – identify opportunities to replicate best practices and processes and provide process definition and management to the organization.
- Manage the development of an effective knowledge-based platform with performance support tools, and resources by conducting research on content delivery, knowledge-based environments, knowledge gaps, and behavioral changes – Analyze the effectiveness of the current knowledge management programs by observing its usage and evaluate its impact in terms of the organizational benefits; make recommendations for new programs as necessary.
- Manage all content by auditing existing knowledge management materials adapting content to changing learner needs – align content with business goals and initiatives.
- Coordinate, complete, and oversee job-related activities and assignments by developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders to support plans and initiatives to meet customer and business needs – identify and communicate goals and objectives; interact with key stakeholders and act as a mediator to answer the queries of the clients and staff about the knowledge management products and practices; utilize the knowledge base resources and design a training module for the staff and clients to help them access the knowledge management tools; beg responsible for the analysis of social networks and formation of communities of practice within the organization; build accountability for and measure progress in achieving results; identify and address improvement opportunities; and demonstrate adaptability and promote continuous learning
- Create and oversee the knowledge-based environment by researching industry techniques that increase content delivery effectiveness; developing best practice approaches and ensuring integration into the knowledge program – assess knowledge team performance and provide guidance on their development and performance skills in content delivery; develop and deliver effective knowledge content.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures and support company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans – provide direction and guidance on applying the Open-Door Policy in executing business processes and practices; Be responsible for the analysis of social networks and formation of communities of practice within the organization
- Knowledge Managers should have in-depth information of the databases maintained by the organization, design and development of infrastructure management (CRM), knowledge platform design and delivery
- They should have good communications skills and expert planning skills
- Should be able to transform the ideas of management and implement appropriate solutions in the organization
- Good analyzing skills and ability to tackle critical situations
- Leadership quality and ability to supervise and guide the employees
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Communications, Education, or related field and at least 8 years’ experience in adult learning, content development, software / hardware systems + management skills or related area
- OR at least 10 years’ experience in adult learning, knowledge platform design/delivery, content development and quality control, or related area.
- Master’s degree in Learning and Development, Computer Science, Business Management, or related field.
- 1 years’ experience leading cross-functional teams.
- 2 years’ project management experience.
- 5 years’ experience with knowledge management.
- Project Management certification
- Six Sigma certification.