26 Nov Senior Director, New Product Portfolio Strategy
Are you a strong product innovator and leader with a technological bent, a track record of success, and the ability to identify, socialize, and shepherd new products through the developmental and scaling process in a large, multinational, multi-divisional, Fortune 500 company?
Are you a practical visionary, skilled at forecasting product success and knowing when to terminate an underperforming program? Can you develop new products and modify them based on market feedback to optimize penetration? Are you fiscally savvy and able to develop pricing strategies to determine how and when to optimally enter and penetrate a market?
Do you wholly own your work and take it personally, willing to stand for the right ideas, and are you able to see things from a different perspective than others?
Do you have an entrepreneurial mindset Are you an evangelist for great new ideas and products throughout your organization? Do you look for ideas from everyone all the way from entry level employees through C-level execs, as well as from outside the organization from start-ups, competitors and customers?
Are you a change agent – not simply for the sake of change, but as organizationally needed for specific targets – and never willing to accept “because we've always done it that way”.
Lastly, do you see yourself being able to passionately drive innovative “legacy” (hardware, trucking platforms, etc.) products as well as the cutting-edge tech-forward ideas from conception through production & beyond?
If all the above describes you, regardless of the size of the companies you've worked or the exact nature of your products, we'd like to chat.
About the role:
Our newly created role internally titled "Senior Director of New Product Portfolio Strategy" centralizes these important contributions into one leader. If you work best in ambiguity, are an agile thinker, someone not afraid to fail, but when you do, you do so quickly and learn from it, that's a great start. If you're also an accomplished communicator able to interact and manage at ALL levels of a Fortune 500, as well as a passionate visionary with an uncanny ability to pick winning products, this role could be a tailored fit for you.
You'll likely already have experience working in a large, complex, multinational organization, successfully bringing products from ideation to fruition, and developing and presenting business cases for new product investment. You will be a fast learner, although potentially not yet familiar with our direct industry. You will be a great relationship builder, yet not afraid to roll up your sleeves and dig in no matter what the task.
If successful in your pursuit of this position, as our Senior Director of New Product Portfolio Strategy, you will be responsible for company-wide identification and development of new customer facing products. You will own identification, business case development and pricing strategy for new products across our three divisions, Fleet Management Solutions (FMS), Dedicated Transportation Solutions (DTS), and Supply Chain Solutions (SCS). Given the breadth and variety of these businesses, the ability to think quickly, identify commonalities and potential synergies, and the willingness to ask and learn from plenty of questions to a broad range of people is crucial.
At times you will have to make the tough decision to terminate projects that are not worthwhile and be successful in obtaining Executive Leadership concurrence in this regard, and your background clearly shows examples of this.
Our Senior Director of New Product Portfolio Strategy will ultimately work collaboratively with other corporate leaders in the newly formed Product Strategy and Development organization to create new products, evaluate competitive offerings, assess customer demand, develop pricing structure and ensure successful implementation to the field sales organization company-wide.
This highly visible position will interact a considerable amount with our C-suite and demonstrated success in this role will likely offer you a myriad of possibilities for continued career progression and development.
• Master's degree
• Bachelor's degree Business or related field
• Eight (8) years or more experience in a related field
• Create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, supervisors). Ability to effectively interact with executive, field and customer management
• Lead and influence Leadership Team, Strategy/Marketing/IT/Finance, field sales and operations management
• Manage others
• Utilize strong financial analytical skills for new product pricing development
• Work independently and as a member of a team
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced environment
• Capable of multi-tasking, highly organized, with excellent time management skills
• Knowledge of company-wide strategy, product offerings, marketing positioning, product costing/pricing, customer perspectives (advanced level)
• Technical proficiency in financial analysis for product pricing (advanced level)
• Proficiency with computer applications including presentation tools, spreadsheets and apps (intermediate level)
• Knowledge of Transportation and Logistics industry and competitors (advanced level)