19 Apr Sr Dir Implementation & Tech Delivery
Senior Director Implementation and Technical Delivery
Job Description – the Senior Director Implementation and Technical Delivery will work closely and collaboratively with Sales and Customer Engagement and act as the Executive Director of every vital touchpoint post-sales and implementation. This person will take a project-based approach leveraging Support and Staff members in the following areas: Analysis, Implementation and Technical Delivery. This role has three (3) Direct Reports and approximately 30 total team members. This role will sit in our NYC office and prior experience should include successful management of Implementation and Technical Delivery in either a SaaS, BI, Big Data or Data Science spaces.
Specific Duties Include but are not limited to:
- Create a highly collaborative environment/culture
- Act as Team SME on implementation, responsible for educating and training other team members on the analysis, build and test methods, tools, templates and techniques.
- Act as an Executive Sponsor on new incoming projects or clients.
- Improve protocol development processes and support critical business strategies by managing the development, implementation, and on-going maintenance.
- Develop / maintain / refine technology adoption framework offerings.
- Serve as an example/role model to staff on technical, professional and business acumen skills.
- Actively participate in all sales channels to assist in consulting leadership for prospective clients.
- Collaborate with Corporate Partners/Leaders to ensure Partner Technology adoption is in sync with Sponsor framework.
- Understand and effectively manage team utilization as it relates to billable and non-billable work
- Interview and hire full-time resources as well as maintain job descriptions based upon approved business plan.
- Coach, mentor and professionally develop Implementation Consulting and Analyst staff and maintain a highly effective and strong team.
- Conduct regular one-on-one and career development meetings with all direct reports.
- Lead or facilitate department staff meetings.
- Define annual departmental/individual staff goals and conduct performance appraisals.
- Provide guidance, leadership and training to staff on Implementation best practice/business process development and maintenance.
- Provide guidance and best practices to Implementation Services staff to increase and maintain technology adoption levels through organization.
- Consultative - participate in customer meetings in support of Knowledge Transfer and customer-side business process change, as customers begin adoption of proprietary software.
- Input on Strategic Direction - work with management to provide direction for the Implementation teams needs and support requirements.
- Provide periodic departmental updates to Senior Management.
- Project Management - review timelines; allocate resources and resolve any project/priority conflicts.
- Vision Casting - promote strategic vision across all enterprise processes, focusing on Technology Adoption, Time to Value (TTV) and reducing total cost to serve
- Help manage efficient and common-sense Cost Center control through Margin reporting
Education & Background
- Bachelor’s required Master Preferred
- 5-8 years of retail, Loyalty or CPG experience; more specifically Supporting Medium to Large organizations with their analytical needs. Understanding of buying, merchandizing, operations, loyalty, marketing, wholesale, and supply general chain practices.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience with technology driven products, managed services and or SaaS
- 5-10 years in a leadership role in a technology driven organization
- Demonstrable and proven background and Experience in Implementation Methodology specific to a Managed Services, SaaS or Technology focused team.
- Strong knowledge of Big Data/ Data Science or BI and an appreciation and respect for the power of data and analytics in today’s business environment
- demonstrated ability to identify, understand, assess and influence a wide range of customer stakeholders;
- ability to quickly gain a deep knowledge of the customer’s business, current economic and industry trends and potential new business opportunities