Chief Brand Officer
Purpose of the Role: To provide strategic leadership in the disciplines of brand strategy and marketing and be part of the executive leadership team taking our company to its next level of growth. The role has primary responsibility for brand experience across all key audiences (B2C, B2B, Workforce) and driving customer acquisition through lead generation. The company is a franchisor, and this role leads through influence, persuasion, and deployment of a substantial brand fund. The Chief Brand Officer oversees staff responsible for brand management, insights and experiences, direct marketing, media management, digital marketing, innovation, creative development, communications, sales management, franchisee marketing consulting, business intelligence, and strategic sourcing.
Reports To: President / CEO
- Overall responsibility for development and management of the brand. Ensure the company has a coherent and consistent branding strategy while recognizing and addressing the needs of key audiences (B2C, B2B, Workforce, franchise body). Determines overall strategy and roadmap for residential marketing, commercial marketing, and workforce marketing. Aligns the company around customer centricity (for all key audiences), using data and analytics to deliver extraordinary brand experiences.
- Primary responsibility for customer acquisition. Accomplished through company staff, external agencies and brand fund, as well as by means of the franchise body (through regional advertising cooperatives, and individual franchisee marketing initiatives across a variety of media and marketing tactics).
- Develop compelling value propositions that drive distinct competitive advantages for the brand. Lead innovation practices related to brand, marketing and sales processes and programs.
- Partnering with Operations leadership on forecasting, monitoring and achievement of specified company goals, with particular emphasis on KPIs for leads and estimates, revenue, and NPS.
- Lead a high performing team responsible for brand management, insights and experiences, direct marketing, media management, digital marketing, innovation, creative development, communications, sales management, franchisee marketing consulting, business intelligence, and strategic sourcing. Play significant role in managing the company’s most valued strategic partnerships.
- Recruit, orient, train, operate and retain brand and marketing talent/team.
- Develops cooperative advertising strategies and tactics in concert with the franchise body, that are integral to the growth and sustainability of the brand.
- Serves on and collaborates with executive team responsible for strategic direction of the organization.
- Responsible for leading franchisee Brand Marketing Advisory Board, working collaboratively with a franchisee board chairperson. Separately, serves as a corporate representative in meetings with franchise owners association, and from time to time facilitates peer-to-peer strategic franchisee-only meetings.
- 15 plus years experience in Marketing with a minimum of 5 years at a senior level; C-level experience strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in business (MBA a plus).
- Franchise industry experience, with background including leadership of regional advertising cooperative programs.
- Consumer services industry experience a plus
- Results and outcome oriented individual able to demonstrate success in roles with substantial lead generation requirements in B2C and B2B markets as well as workforces.
- Advanced subject matter knowledge of both traditional and digital marketing
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Exceptional leadership skills.
- Excellent platform speaker, with experience presenting to large audiences at conferences/conventions, in small-to-medium size group settings, and through professional video.
- Professional presence and ability to collaborate and develop strong working relationships with executive management to establish company goals, vision and strategy, and franchise advisory board members to ensure alignment on goals, strategies and plans.
- Ability to demonstrate the analytical and financial literacy required to develop systemwide annual goals and KPIs and a credible brand fund budget.
- Strategic with strong operational capabilities demonstrated in a performance-driven environment.
- Proven experience leading and developing highly functional teams with international scope, in the following brand and marketing functions: brand management, direct marketing, digital marketing, marketing research, media planning and buying, creative development and execution, field/regional marketing, sales management.
- High ethical standards and personal integrity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate directly and respectfully, to seek to understand others and resolve interpersonal issues timely and constructively.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in multiple functional areas. Organized, knowing how to apply a structured approach, but also flexible and adaptable to individual situations.
- Creative problem solver and team builder.
- Strong computer skills, especially in Microsoft Office suite.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Travel dependent on candidate location. Candidates residing in Philadelphia, PA area can expect 10-15% travel requirement. Remote candidates will be considered, but presence in suburban Philadelphia office for parts of at least 20 weeks per year will be required, in addition to required travel.
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/blue-rock-search/