About the Role
The Human Resources Manager is a newly created role needed to support our rapidly growing organization. Reporting to the CEO, and managing one direct report in payroll, this key position will design and stand up the HR function, transitioning the business from reliance on PEO services to an autonomous, internal HR department supporting 10 locations. In partnership with the leadership team, the incoming HRM will implement and drive all people programs and services, inclusive of talent attraction, employee relations, compliance, benefits & payroll, performance management, culture & engagement, and training. S/he will provide coaching and guidance to both leaders and team members across the business, leveraging project management, facilitation, and communication expertise to deliver relevant, effective talent solutions and produce results.
- HR Projects & Programs: Partner with business leaders & people managers to roadmap and drive the implementation of effective HR programs, initiatives, and functional improvements. These programs should be tailored to the unique challenges of the healthcare field and incorporate the business’ mission, values, and vision.
- TA Strategy & Execution: Design and drive execution of a Talent Acquisition roadmap that can quickly ramp/scale to support and accommodate the company's aggressive growth objectives. Must be capable of carrying own req load and executing full lifecycle recruiting, from recruitment marketing to screening to onboarding. Create and shepherd a hiring experience that cultivates memorable candidate connections, inspires passionate brand stewards, and ushers in a new generation of talent that is fully aligned with the company’s vision & values and representative of the communities that the company serves.
- Employee Relations/HR Compliance/Performance Management: Process and manage the resolution of complex employment matters, inclusive of complaints, investigations, performance management, disciplinary actions, terminations, medical leave, workers comp, and unemployment claims. Provide SME advice, counsel, and hands-on support to people managers, ensuring compliance with company policies and all federal/state/local employment laws & regulations (e.g., FLSA, EEO, FMLA, ADAAA, OSHA, NLRA, USERRA, Title VII, etc.).
- Experience & Culture: In collaboration with business leaders and people managers, identify, develop, and deploy employee experience programs and campaigns that unify and harmonize company culture and foster retention, engagement, and a sense of belonging across a geographically dispersed and culturally/ethnically diverse employee population. Guide leaders and associates to ensure alignment between stated values and behaviors.
- Opportunity to partner with CEO to build/stand up a centralized HR function & team for a rapidly growing network of medical clinics with 9 locations and 80+ employees.
- Opportunity to join a mission-based, growth-oriented, privately held organization with a history of commitment to ethical and patient-first practices.
- High-visibility role – member of senior leadership team with direct impact on business objectives.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred; PHR or SPHR preferred.
Minimum 4+ years of progressive Human Resources experience.
- 2+ years in a healthcare environment highly preferred.
Extensive knowledge of Florida employment law and federal regulations (FLSA, DOL, EEOC, HIPPA, etc.).
- Basic understanding of taxation of employee/employer benefits.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus.