About the Role
Our client is seeking a passionate and inspiring Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) leader to own, develop and deliver a fully integrated customer-centric marketing agenda. The newly hired CMO will be based out of the North America corporate headquarters in Ohio and report directly to the CEO North America. As a member of the North American Executive leadership team, this highly visible and strategic role will lead a 60-person marketing organization to brilliantly execute across all disciplines (segment marketing, product management, sustainability, market intelligence, digital and marketing operations), with a specific short-term focus on building win-win partnerships with the sales organization and a high-capability/high-performing segment marketing team. The CMO will be an inspiring leader to his/her teams – a coach, mentor and manager who creates high-performing teams that deliver with passion, speed and quality without compromising any of these dimensions. As a transformative leader, the CMO will be an agent of change, innovation and progress — energetically, proactively and methodically seizing opportunities for the company to improve brand, revenue and profitability performance.
- Assess, Shape & Lead the Marketing Function: Conduct a full assessment of the Marketing function, inclusive of structure, talent, culture, process, and technology. Identify skills gaps, inefficiencies, technology needs, and other pain points. Define short/mid/long-term Marketing strategy and goals and top-grade the function.
- Build Positive/Productive Relationships with the Sales organization: Create and leverage strategic internal partnerships, deliver best in class marketing solutions, and drive improved financial and customer experience performance.
- Provide Regional Marketing Leadership: As a member of the North America Steering Committee (ELT), lead the region’s efforts to develop and implement winning marketing strategies, processes and tools, inclusive of a highly integrated, collaborative, and efficient product management/development process model.
- Collaborate Globally: As a matrix member of the Global Marketing, Digital and Innovation function, work closely with peers in other regions and the Global EVP to leverage and further develop the available resources for marketing effectiveness.
- Build Strategic Vendor Relationships: Evaluate, select and engage the appropriate vendor partners (i.e. agencies) to support marketing success. Assess and measure effectiveness by establishing service-level agreements and tracking deliverables against established performance goals and budgets. Ensure compliance with negotiated agreements.
- Opportunity to lead, top-grade, and shape the Marketing function for a $1 billion business.
- Opportunity to change the narrative on the Marketing function and help drive cultural transformation across the region.
- Opportunity for long-term career growth within the broader, Global, Marketing and/or Business Leadership functions.