The Chief of Staff, Office of the CEO, will have broad responsibility and be a key partner for the CEO in managing enterprise team management agenda. The position will drive several key planning processes and strategic projects. The scope of the position includes: driving oversight of critical business initiatives; supporting major change initiatives; driving development of key corporate materials, including board presentations, executive communications, and corporate performance dashboards; and ensuring timely operationalization of executive decisions. This is an outstanding opportunity for a talented, experienced, highly skilled corporate strategist and/or management consultant to put theory into practice.
- Strategic Planning: Partner with the CEO and ELT peers to design, develop, and implement 3-year business strategic plan for the organization. Design and implement an organizational roadmap with the requisite strategic imperatives, operational plans, and organizational/infrastructural requirements needed to accelerate business progress and achievement of stated goals.
- Business Partnerships: Build positive/productive working relationships with the CEO, ELT, and organizational peers to facilitate organizational effectiveness, efficiency, and performance. Drive the seamless, cross-functional implementation of strategic initiatives. As the "right-hand" to the CEO, work diligently to translate leadership vision into actionable/operational plans and partnerships, both internally and externally.
- Competitive Intelligence: Leverage strategic decision-making tools to execute the structured collection of market intelligence and provide in-depth analysis and POV recommendations to ELT stakeholders. Proactively assess all areas of the business, including product and portfolio strategy, strategic planning, financial planning, licensing & partnering, M&A, employee engagement, manufacturing, supply chain, etc. to ensure competitive advantage in the marketplace.
- Business Analysis: Leverage technology, analytics, metrics, and dashboards to define, track, assess, and regularly communicate KPI performance to the ELT, enabling them to make effective business decisions. Serve as the resident business intelligence SME for ongoing assessment of internal and external opportunities for business growth and profitability.
- Manage operational support to ensure achievement of gains in productivity and impact of the CEO.
- As the “right hand” to the CEO, execute in-depth strategic and operational analysis of internal and external business opportunities and lead enterprise-wide implementation of agreed-upon Operating Plan and Strategic Initiatives.
- Formulate and compile reports for the CEO, and the Board, in a succinct format, enabling the CEO to understand where his business is and what issues need to be addressed.
- Acts as a link with executive leaders to acquire and formulate data necessary to deliver content to the Board of Directors.
- Lead the management of the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) meeting agendas, deliver clear summaries of agreements, and ensure timely follow-up of key initiatives.
- Provide structured management support across multiple functional areas to the delivery process and execution of confidential operational tasks, special projects, and urgent or complicated issues.
- Work with stakeholders to identify opportunities to improve and streamline existing business processes, decision making, meeting effectiveness, and communications.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization's executives, department heads, and employees on important communications.
- Advise management on situations that may require additional support or escalation.
- Deploy excellent analytical skills in the review of complex strategic issues and provide input and recommendations towards innovative solutions.
- Understand the legal/compliance environment and drive collaboration with Legal & Compliance teams.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- MBA from a top academic business school highly desired
- Minimum 8 years of experience
- Prior scientific training and/or an aptitude for analyzing and understanding complex scientific issues
- Solid scientific training at a well-regarded academic institution is a strong plus
- Candidate ideally possesses strong foundational experience within a biotech/biopharma organization and/or a top-tier management consulting firm working within the life sciences industry, ideally supporting biotechnology and pharmaceutical clients around significant strategic business challenges (commercial/R&D/financial).
- Must be a highly accomplished and skilled business strategist demonstrating extensive analytical horsepower and financial acumen
- Dynamic, highly motivated self-starter with strong executive presence, exceptional interpersonal skills, and a focus and drive to succeed. This person will be comfortable interacting and leading discussions with top company executives, Board members, and other key stakeholders.
- Opportunity to partner directly with the CEO (an internationally renowned pioneer in T cell therapy) as a thought partner, trusted confidante, and business strategist.
- Opportunity to join, at ground-level, a high-growth biotech disruptor revolutionizing the treatment of autoimmune and degenerative diseases through regulatory T cell therapies.
- High-visibility role with opportunity for long-term growth within the broader business.