About the Role
The Chief People Officer will play a critical role in shaping the performance and culture of a growing, global team of 1,200+ employees and further developing a best-in-class People & Culture team (50+). This is an established role that will sit on the Executive Leadership Team and report directly to our CEO. In collaboration with a seasoned group of functional leaders (your direct reports), you will lead all aspects of the People & Culture function: Talent Acquisition, People Ops, Learning & Development, Talent Management, Total Rewards, Diversity & Inclusion, and Workplace Experience. The incoming leader will be closely involved in the scaling of our company strategy, ensuring we build the optimal teams and capabilities to deliver on our objectives. S/he will be a collaborative partner to the leadership team, and must be comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment to support the growth of our business.
- Business-first People Leader: Establish, build, and leverage positive working relationships with the CEO, ELT, and Board of Directors. Provide organizational consulting and recommendations to ensure scalability of talent and processes to deliver on our operational and financial commitments.
- Assess & Shape the Function: Conduct full assessment of People & Culture function, inclusive of strategy, structure, talent, and technology. Lead, mentor, and inspire People & Culture team in their efforts to support achievement of enterprise-wide OKRs.
- Culture & DIB Champion: Partner with CEO & ELT to weave company values and vision into the fabric of the People & Culture strategy. Partner with People & Culture leaders to integrate DIB strategic plan and change impact throughout all core talent processes and partnerships. Build DIB alignment and capability throughout the organization.
- Exec Comp & Comms: Partner with CEO, ELT, and VP Total Rewards to develop & implement a proactive communication strategy & plan for the Global Total Rewards function that directly supports and drives the strategic direction of the business and speaks holistically to delivering a positive employee experience. Partner with Comp Committee Chair and President to develop materials for the Compensation Committee meetings, actively engaging with Committee members on all pre/post-Board Meeting follow-up action items.
- Lead, evaluate, and evolve a Global People & Culture function, while driving enterprise-wide OKRs.
- Join a $500M high-growth, public tech company disrupting the Big Data & SaaS industries.
- High-visibility, high-impact, global role with opportunity for business-critical ELT & Board partnerships.
- Minimum of 15 years' HR leadership experience across various COEs required
- Strong people leader; can drive results and solutions through managing others
- Metrics-Driven/Analytical Expertise: Utilizing data-driven approaches to create “best practice” solutions. Utilizing these performance driven approaches in liaising with technical teams and product-driven leaders
- Business Acumen: Demonstrated understanding of the strategic, operational and financial components of broader business management
- Strong strategic planning and proven execution to optimize HR’s solution delivery to the business
- Passionate about people and culture, with an emphasis on culture, inclusion, and belonging
- Global mindset: The ideal candidate will bring global experience, having led teams across regions
- Strong operational continuous improvement track record
- Must possess in-depth negotiating, influencing, and consulting skills
- Excellent project management skills and experience; direct experience with agile ways of working
- Must be able to exercise judgment and independently determine and take appropriate action within defined HR policies and procedures
- Must be able to develop solutions to a wide range of highly complex problems, which require an in-depth degree of ingenuity, creativity, and innovation
- Superior oral and written communication skills; board relations experience essential
- Maturity of temperament; able to render a calm stabilizing presence without compromising influence and authority
- A strategic thinker, inspiring leader, effective manager and team player
- Demonstrate credibility, integrity, and trust
- Collaborative and with the ability to create opportunities that facilitate buy-in and teamwork
- Lead innovation and constantly drive for results; a disruptor who thinks bigger, beyond incremental improvement