Blue Rock Search has been engaged to confidentially recruit a Construction Manager for a nationally recognized dining chain. With over 100 units they are well established with a variety of investment levels for incoming franchisees to participate in, including small carry out locations and casual dining settings with liquor licenses. They are aggressively growing their footprint nationally. They are seeking a fresh lead for their Construction and Design efforts. The ideal candidate works effectively with architects, design & construction vendors, and franchisees by driving influence without authority. An excellent candidate will also bring a strong sense of loyalty to their job for the brand they represent along with the professional agility required to navigate all involved parties throughout the construction and design ensuring design standards are accurately delivered.
- Reviewing preliminary floor plans which include the furniture and equipment layout developed by the architect to ensure it meets the expectations of the brand.
- Assist Franchisees in developing a project budget and schedule for each location
- Coordinate pre-CD kick off calls between the Franchisee and Architect to ensure alignment on brand standards
- Review construction drawings provided by the Architect prior to submittal of plans
- Assist franchisees during the plan check review process
- Coordinate invitations to bid projects on behalf of the franchisees though Franchisor’s qualified list of General Contractors and design & construction vendors
- Evaluate all construction bids and make recommendations to the Franchisee
- Monitor progress and quality of each construction project with regularly scheduled site visits and providing proper guidance to the General Contractors and Construction vendors
- Coordinate and manage lead times for the delivery and installation of furniture, fixtures, equipment, technology, and graphics.
- Perform punch list site walks to ensure Franchisees and their General Contractor’s work is done to brand standards
- Assist Franchisees in monitoring final inspections, obtaining certificate of occupancy, and health permits
- Supervise and manage remodels to ensure Franchisees are following the store remodel requirements
- Assist in the development and completion of the brands Spec Book
- Provide weekly updates to the Development team for the pipeline report
Required Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture or construction management preferred but relevant experience with a national franchise organization will be considered as well. Leadership will highly consider someone who has worked their way up through a franchise structure just as much as someone with the degree.
- 4-5 years experience in construction management for a multi-unit restaurant chain
- Knowledge of all key architecture, engineering, and construction and design management principles associated with multi-unit restaurants – This includes assisting brand in securing and utilizing proper resources and technology to develop renderings of all versions of their new projects
- Must be willing to be in the field at construction projects as needed.
- Must be willing to travel 25%+ of the time
- Ability to perform work activities requiring cooperation and instruction
- Must have strong organizational and communication skills to interact with personnel at all levels
- Understands the importance of timelines, budgets, and project management
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/blue-rock-search/