Blue Rock search is partnered with Subway, a leading global QSR Franchisor, to identify their next Manager of Construction to support Ontario. The Construction Manager position includes, but is not limited to, overseeing the teams associated with construction, equipment and store design within the company territory structure.
Position responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee construction strategy and activities in the areas of site development, new construction, remodels, and relocations. Work closely with the Construction Specialists and Senior Construction Specialists to ensure that territory plans are executed fully. 20%
- Build strong relationships with key construction related parties to include both vendors and those that are our partners at Subway HQ. Garner trust and support from these parties so that any recommendations, suggestions, are guidance area considered feasible and ready to move forward with. 20%
- Work towards vetting national contractors and local area contractors that will provide our franchisee/restaurant community with quality work at reasonable prices. 10%
- Review floor plans, equipment used, and other completed projects and share findings to either improve or remove from future construction plans. 10%
- Keep all upper management team members aware of project status and prepare progress reports regularly. 20%
- Conduct site checks to monitor progress and quality standards. These site checks can/should be done alongside Franchise Business Partners and/or Regional Market Partners to further educate our field team and strengthen the knowledge of the territory team in full. 20%
Skills and Abilities Required
- Advanced knowledge of the tools and software used utilized for day to day activates that correlates with the position, in addition to the basic standards. Including, but not limited to, the Equipment Ordering System, AutoCAD, reading of floor plans, how to take measurements, etc.
- Excellent time management with the ability to multitask smoothly.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, oral presentation, and problem solving skills including the ability to tactfully interact with a variety of individuals. Conflict resolution and conflict management experience.
- Previous work experience in construction management, or another similar role.
- Must be able to lead, mentor, train, support, and help grow team members to better educate and support the territory in construction area needs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, oral presentation, and problem solving skills including the ability to tactfully interact with a variety of individuals.
- Ability to use persuasion to gain support and cooperation from audience (franchisee, store manager, co-worker) to achieve a desired course of action consistent with the organizations strategic goals and objectives.
- High degree of detail orientation and ability to work within time constraints. Must have strong organizational skills, multi-tasking skills, possess attention to detail, and should be able to work in a fast paced environment. Must be able to adapt to different situations and personalities, while maintaining a degree of personal integrity, utilizing problem solving skills.
- Must be able to work well independently to complete projects in a timely manner. Must also be able to be able to work well with others on team projects. Must be able to consult on and review project status with management, peers, and all level of personnel.
- Travel to, attendance at, and ability to present at select FWH and territory meetings/training programs will be required. Willingness to travel if/when necessary.
The successful candidate will have:
- 5+ years in a similar role or industry and in a professional office environment
- Bachelors in Business or related
- Travel 25%
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/blue-rock-search/