Reporting to the Vice President Human Resources, the Director Human Resources supports business leaders on the development and implementation of HR policies and programs and drives HR strategy execution, inclusive of talent acquisition, talent development, succession planning, employee relations, and internal communications for a large commercial group and multiple corporate functions (does not support manufacturing operations). The incoming HRD will serve as a key member of the Leadership Team for a high-growth, high-priority business unit (currently at $200M revenue) within a globally recognized brand ($2B+ revenue).
- Experience & Culture: Identify, develop, and deploy employee experience programs and campaigns that unify and harmonize the "old & new" cultures and foster retention, engagement, and a sense of belonging. Coach/guide leadership and supervisors into alignment to ensure a united front.
- Employee Relations: In collaboration with business leaders, manage the resolution of complex employment matters, including investigations, complaints, performance management, and dispute resolution. Provide SME advice, counsel, and hands-on support to leadership, ensuring compliance with company policies and all federal/state/local employment laws.
- Org Design/Planning: Develop and implement the functional structure, processes, tools, and metrics required to support 225 employees across 2 locations, enable future business growth, and facilitate seamless mergers & acquisitions.
- TA Strategy & Execution: Design and launch a TA roadmap that can quickly ramp and scale to meet business needs. Must be capable of carrying own req load and executing full lifecycle recruiting, from recruitment marketing to screening to onboarding. Imbed culture & belonging philosophy in all Talent Acquisition activities, cultivating memorable candidate connections, creating passionate brand stewards, and ushering in a new generation of talent that is fully aligned with the unified culture that the company is building.
- Bachelor's degree required, ideally in human resources or management; Master's preferred
- 10+ years of progressive HR experience, with at least 3 years in a matrixed corporate environment. Public company knowledge is a major plus.
- Previous experience with M&A is strongly preferred, as the incoming HR leader will be supporting a business unit that was acquired via acquisition and is still undergoing cultural transformation and alignment with corporate values and culture.
- Exposure to and understanding of startup, high-growth culture is highly desired, as the acquired organization/business unit possesses this type of culture and requires assistance understanding and connecting/integrating with corporate culture.
- Previous experience supporting both corporate/administrative functions and also contact center populations is preferred.
- SPHR or SHRM-SCP certification desired
- Bilingual is a major plus (ideally in a business-relevant second language)
- Previous experience using SAP or equivalent ERP