About the Role
The Director Marketing & Business Development will envision, architect, manage, and execute the global strategic and tactical marketing efforts for the organization from concept through sales enablement. This role will also be responsible for developing the strategic sales plan based on company goals that will promote sustainable revenue growth and customer satisfaction for the company and will oversee the sales team members’ daily activity and development. This position will report directly to the President and is a member of Executive Leadership Team.
- Marketing Roadmap: Partner with President and Fractional Chief Marketing Officer to create marketing strategy and roadmap; partner with the CEO and ELT to define the short/long-term mark.
- Marketing Operations: Develop drive, own, and manage marketing processes and plans, including promotional calendars and campaigns, new product launches, and other marketing initiatives to support growth strategies across eCommerce, retail, OEM, and international distribution channels.
- Digital/Content Strategy: Oversee direction and evolution of key marketing tools (e.g. website, social media, content development, email, trade shows, press, and promotional activities) to drive sales and opportunities. Lead consumer rebranding efforts.
- Sales Team Leadership: Facilitate the creation of business plans for the sales team, inclusive of: individual plans/goals; sales strategies for goal achievement; documentation and application for the activity required to achieve results; and identifying and removing obstacles and roadblocks.
- MDF/Distributor Support: Improve and expand existing distributor base by implementing creative marketing, inbound marketing strategy, and effective OEM market strategy.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or Business. MBA is a plus.
- At least 10 years’ marketing experience in digital commerce or retail industry, with at least 5 years’ experience managing and supervising staff, and demonstrated experience in strategic planning and execution. International marketing experience is a plus.
- Strong digital marketing expertise.
- Strong people leadership skills and ability to build a small team from ground up.
- Experience in strategic planning and execution. Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management. Knowledge of structuring sales quota goals and revenue expectations.
- Sales and Sales Management Experience (direct and channels sales) a definite plus