The Director of Franchise Sales (DFS) is a member of our client’s Management Team. Reporting to the Chief Operations and Development Officer, the DFS is responsible for the development, management, and implementation of the brands’ franchise sales. The DFS will provide strong leadership for franchise sales managing and mentoring staff, partnering, and collaborating with other management team members, outside vendors, franchise recruitment broker groups and current franchisees to successfully grow the brands’ franchisee and store base.
The DFS oversees or directly manages a variety of tasks and responsibilities with creativity, diligence, accuracy, and timeliness. A practical and pragmatic visionary with excellent relationship management, sales and organizational skills, the DFS leads and develops the brand’s franchise recruitment and vetting functions. The DFS is expected to vigorously drive franchisee network growth through implementing a franchise sales plan they develop and execute.
The DFS’s primary objectives are to lead the franchise sales team in awarding new single and multi-unit franchises to qualified individuals. The DFS is also expected to add efficiency, systems, procedures, and sophistication to the brand.
- To support an engaged, trusting and mutually profitable relationship between franchisees and the franchisor
- Adopt and execute, and encourage and guide franchise candidates, to understand and embrace, the brand’s Vision, Mission, and Core Values
- Build rapport, trust, and confidence while clearly, effectively, and honestly presenting the business model and system to franchise candidates, Franchise Brokers and Consultants
- Assess and qualify franchisee candidates throughout the sales process.
- Grow our network through supporting the awarding of single and multi-unit Franchise Agreements to qualified candidates
- Maintain leads, customer activity and appropriate documentation in a CRM database
- Work with the marketing and communications team to develop compelling and effective franchise marketing and communication campaigns to support network development
- Design, manage, execute, and oversee approved franchise development strategies including:
- Managing the franchisee recruitment, assessment, and selection process
- Designing, creating, and delivering quality franchisee sales presentations through a variety of delivery mechanisms
- Potentially assisting with site selection for new store openings and relocations
- Contribute to the development and management of the sales budget and long-term results
- Delegate, mentor, partner and develop staff including recommending continued development initiatives while ensuring high quality work product and deadline achievement
- Attend virtually or in-person approved franchise conferences and trade shows including broker conferences to development and support the sales process and ensure knowledge of best practices and technology
Senior Management Team
Director Reports: Franchise Development Representative