Blue Rock Search has partnered with our client, a leading global QSR franchisor to identify their next Director of Real Estate. The Director is a leader on the Market Operations Development Team responsible for 8,000 - 10,000 restaurants. They will lead a team of 2-3 Real Estate Managers responsible to deliver 2023 pipeline 100 new/relocations and build 2024 pipeline. They will drive strategy and process for site selection, review and approvals to openings for new stores and relocations utilizing the market plan. They will lead the Real Estate team to drive the Market Plan optimization strategy to improve the brand’s market share and operational excellence by using company influence to provide our best operators with growth opportunities through acquisition, new store development, strategic asset upgrades and relocations.
- Lead the team to meet and exceed expectations of qualitative and quantitative objectives while overseeing project and task workloads and optimization efforts of the entire team to enable achievement of goals. Deliver pipeline of 100 plus new and relocations in 2023 and build pipeline of 100 plus restaurants for 2024. Ensure accurate reporting, deal management maintenance, forecasting and other leadership reports on scheduled basis. Create process to manage non-traditional business in alignment with non-traditional team.
- Contribute new stores and relocations to existing asset base to improve brand preeminence. Fulfill market plan by reviewing sites for new units and relocations to improved trade areas. Coach and counsel franchisees in new unit and relocation process. Manage Closing process and tracking across all SMO markets engaging leasing/operations team and HQ as appropriate. Accelerate site reviews, approvals and timeline to openings. Hold team accountable to opening dates to maximize royalty income.
- Select, engage, manage and develop a best-in-class team and recognize and reward success. Attract and hire people who have a positive impact and create excitement around shared goals and value. Translate organizational goals into challenging individual performance goals and success measures.
- Collaborate and assist with Market Planning mapping of Market Operations territories to establish development plan and identify opportunities for new and existing franchisees. Manage Broker relationships and represent the brand at real estate conventions as appropriate (ICSC).
- Execute the company strategy while creating a culture of responsibility and accountability to accelerate growth. Drive continuous improvement and innovation. Keep abreast of function and industry. Champion and facilitate breakthrough solutions and take appropriate risks.
Skills & Abilities Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree (MBA and/or CFE would be a plus)
- 8+ years in Operations and/or Real Estate Development with a minimum of 5 years in multi-unit QSR and/or retail.
- Market planning/strategy planning experience.
- Knowledge of commercial real estate principles associated with multi-unit development.
- Experience negotiating and real estate contract documentation helpful.
- Experience in retail site selection, site acquisition and development helpful.
- Excellent time management and the ability to manage multiple projects, lead others, and effectively communicate with Senior Management.
- Ability to lead and influence franchisees, team members and external resources in achieving goals.
- Ability to constantly prioritize and re-prioritize activities based on changing needs to meet or exceed goals.
- Must have strong organizational skills, multi-tasking skills, attention to detail, and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to adapt to different situations and personalities, while maintaining a degree of personal integrity, utilizing problem solving skills.
- Must be able to work well, both independently, and with a team to meet assigned project deadlines.
- Ability to use persuasion to gain support and cooperation from audience (franchisee, store manager, co-worker) to achieve a desired course of action consistent with the organization’s strategic goals and objectives.
- Approximately 50% travel to and attendance at select HQ and territory meetings/training programs, market visits, franchisee meetings and trade shows will be required.
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/blue-rock-search