07 Oct Director, Talent Acquisition
Reporting to the VP Human Resources (CHRO) the Director, Talent Acquisition is responsible for managing all facets of recruiting success throughout the organization. This will be achieved by employing innovative sourcing strategies and resources and developing new, creative recruiting ideas to source passive candidates. This position will play a critical role in ensuring we are hiring and retaining the best possible talent. This role will partner with senior business stakeholders and HR Business Partner Team to focus on establishing employee recruiting programs that positively strengthen the organization’s capabilities.
This role will also focus on continuous improvement in daily recruiting operations, talent acquisition processes, systems, vendor relations, and project management with responsibility for handling complex and confidential information. In this role, s/he will be responsible for defining and executing upon the talent acquisition strategy. The ideal candidate will use past experience as an operator, advisor, and change agent to scale the process, analytics, and strategic plan aligned with the current and especially the forecasted talent needs of the organization as we evolve. The person in this role will be able to adapt to global changes within the organization and must come equipped with extensive talent acquisition experience.
- Lead and own talent acquisition strategies for the company, including recruiting top talent (all levels) and implementing and overseeing best practices to ensure an effective and high-quality recruiting service.
- Analyze current talent acquisition processes, identifying process efficiencies, gaps and determining go forward process plans, i.e. identify and implement “best practices” and workflows across the company to help streamline and standardize processes.
- Direct recruiting initiatives including integration of assessment tools, employment branding, employee referral program and interview skills training, etc.
- Forecast talent needs and monitor recruitment metrics.
- Develop and cultivate strong relationships with business leaders across a range of disciplines and geographies in order to source, identify and recruit top candidates for immediate and growth needs.
- Lead, mentor and develop the Talent Acquisition team. Evaluate, establish and monitor KPIs that measure success for the Talent Acquisition Team.
- Develop recruitment policies, systems, and procedures, including strategies and selection techniques, including policies governing candidate screening, interview scheduling process, and reference or background checks.
- Execute on Employer Brand Strategy that aligns with the company vision, mission and values.
- Provide Talent Acquisition Team and Business Leaders with tools, techniques, and processes to help identify key talent in the recruitment process and ensure consistency in execution.
- Collaborate with all internal stakeholders (HRIS, Total Rewards, Talent Management) to support the HR needs of the business.
- Lead Talent Acquisition technology projects to include: project planning, project management, status updates, requirements gathering, solution design, testing, execution, deployment, and post-deployment support.
- Develop and implement innovative sourcing programs, events and campaigns to support scalable hiring across our entire company, to include new channels like military/vet hiring, apprenticeship program, and other targeted initiatives such as Diversity & Inclusion.
- Lead the organization’s efforts and vendor relationships to recruit full-time, part-time, temporary, contractual and intern personnel. Manage full life cycle recruitment (post, source, prescreen, schedule, background, references, offer, onboarding, etc.).
- Evaluate, select and manage recruitment agencies and retained/contingency search firms. Assess and measure effectiveness and ensure compliance with negotiated agreements.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and company policies.
- Minimum of a BS/BA degree required or equivalent combination of education and work experience; graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in human resources with at least 8 years in a talent acquisition role and at least 5 years in a managerial role.
- Demonstrated success as a SME tasked with transforming a TA function via improvements in structure, process, tools, and technology.
- Recent experience leading a recruiting teams in high volume/ high velocity environments.
- Experience recruiting across multiple discipline areas and levels, including hiring for nonexempt, exempt and leadership positions.
- Previous experience in capturing metrics and producing various employment reports.
- Experience in all areas of sourcing such as the internet, social media, networking, employee referrals, job postings, as well as conducting open houses and virtual job fairs.
- Experience in working with applicant tracking systems.