About the Role
As a member of the HR Leadership Team, the Director of Talent Acquisition will be a key strategic partner to the leadership team. This individual will be responsible for designing, developing, and implementing a “best in class” Talent Acquisition function to support a high-growth company that is a recognized leader in aviation MRO (Maintenance, Repairs, Overhaul). Their responsibilities will range from building strategic partnerships to implementing TA technology to developing recruitment strategies and more. Together with other members of the leadership team, they will focus on driving operational excellence through integrated scalable programs that enable us to attract and hire the best talent in the MRO industry.
- Build Business Partnerships with business leaders and HR peers across a range of disciplines and geographies. Initiate and leverage external strategic partnerships – e.g. with vocational/trade schools, industry associations, community orgs, etc. Evaluate, select, and manage vendors (recruitment agencies and retained/contingent search firms). Develop TA vendor scorecard to measure and drive vendor performance against TA goals & budget.
- Assess & Shape TA Function: Organize and scale the TA function to meet high-growth staffing initiatives. Conduct full audit of TA function, inclusive of structure, talent, culture, process, and technology. Identify skills gaps, inefficiencies, technology needs, and other pain points. Define short/mid/long-term TA strategy and goals and top-grade the function.
- TA Tech & Analytics: Partner with HR leadership & Corporate IT on the successful execution of TA technology implementations. Drive the cross-functional utilization of KPIs, analytics, and dashboards to influence talent/business decisions and proactively manage executive leadership expectations.
- Recruitment Marketing: Leveraging social media, digital/print collateral, and community partnerships, tap into new, creative talent channels and cultivate memorable candidate connections with the company brand that bolster value prop and talent attraction strategies.
- Opportunity to build and lead the TA function required to support 500+ annual hires.
- Opportunity to join a high-growth aviation MRO leader currently experiencing high growth and new market penetration.
- High-visibility role with opportunity for long-term career growth beyond TA.
- Minimum of 8-10 years’ experience in Talent Acquisition and/or HR, preferably within the aircraft maintenance and/or adjacent industry vertical. Minimum of 3 years of staffing/TA team leadership experience, preferably global.
- Strong preference for candidates with previous aircraft maintenance recruiting background.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably with an emphasis in HR or Business. Master’s degree desired.
- In-depth knowledge of Talent Acquisition nuances and best practices in technical recruiting highly preferred.
- Demonstrated success designing, building, and flawlessly executing a TA Strategy for organizations during periods of high growth (building models that can scale).
- A business partner mindset with the experience and confidence necessary to work with senior executives, and employees at all levels, to deliver results.
- An experienced leader, accountable for coaching, developing, progressing and retaining employees within the function.
- High business acumen with the ability to translate business objectives into Talent Attraction priorities.