13 Apr Executive Director Global Compensation
About The Role
Our client is looking for a Compensation Executive to join the Global Total Rewards team. Given their current high-velocity/high-change environment, they are seeking an Executive Director Global Compensation to lead a 12-person Global team in the development and delivery of creative, differentiated compensation solutions that can be implemented on a Global scale. The Executive Director Global Compensation will lead and set the strategy for the organization’s broad-based compensation programs to deliver a “best-in-class” employee experience, while demonstrating ongoing ROI. Working with HR and business leaders across all regions, the Executive Director Global Compensation will drive the efforts to design and drive solutions that enhance the organization’s ability to attract, engage and retain talent. The incoming Executive Director Global Compensation will be empowered to grow and manage a high-performing team and partner strategically with key stakeholders on a range of compensation initiatives. The Ideal Candidate for this role is a self-starter who thrives in a collaborative environment and is comfortable operating in a high-velocity/high-change environment. Given the organization’s global footprint, s/he should also have a firm grasp of cultural nuances associated with working across multiple continents.
- Global Compensation Integration: Partner with the VP Total Rewards to lead the development of a fully integrated Global Compensation Strat Plan. Incorporate the HR function’s stated goals of “Simplify, Integrate, Think Globally” to define a comprehensive, business-relevant, efficient roadmap for Global Compensation.
- Global Comp Plan Design: Analyze competitiveness of compensation programs globally and define the roadmap required to achieve the company’s global growth goals. Execute comprehensive assessment of current broad-based compensation systems.
- Communications Strategy: Develop and implement a proactive communication plan for the Global Compensation function that directly speaks to the strategic direction of the business and speaks holistically to delivering a positive employee experience.
- Performance Management Re-Design: Lead and champion the organization’s efforts to redesign the global performance management process.
- Delivers Results - the successful candidate must be able to deliver results in the organization. S/he will be well versed in performance management and accountability, and be a strong business partner.
- Resilient and focused, with the ability to navigate and drive change in an ambiguous environment.
- Analytical – can use data to demonstrate key metrics and value.
- Outstanding communication skills with the ability to engage and manage multiple senior stakeholder relationships. Demonstrated experience deploying a strategic communications plan.
- Natural leader – taking your teams and the business on a journey to operational excellence. S/he must have a well-developed ability to: assess talent; develop people (through internal rotations and building bench strength); and manage the effective recruitment and integration of outside candidates.
- Team player/collaborator – driving the fulfilment of specific programs of work while managing expectations upwards and activity/output from your teams and ensuring effective integration of key messages across the team.
- Credibility and influence – the ability to credibly communicate with and influence senior leaders and represent the Total Rewards function as a true subject matter expert. S/he must be able to build and sustain excellent relationships at multiple levels in the workplace.
- Agile – can create and lead build-out projects when business changes demand. Must demonstrate the ability to accurately see the current state, to identify potential future risks and opportunities, to envision and evaluate relevant future possibilities, and to lead the teams to future levels of success.
- Strategically minded, operationally excellent.
Skills and Experience
- BA/BS degree and 15+ years’ experience in compensation leadership roles, with increasing responsibilities and accountabilities. Minimum of five (5) years of professional experience leading Corporate Compensation teams.
- Previous experience in Global organizations with 5,000 or more employees. Biopharmaceutical or Pharmaceutical experience preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (particularly Excel) and HCM software platforms. (Workday highly preferred).
- CCP/GRP certification preferred.