31 Oct Executive Director Total Rewards and HR Operations
About the Role:
The Senior Director Total Rewards and HR Operations will be responsible for the design, implementation, and facilitation of Total Rewards and Operations functions in support of enhancing employee retention and engagement. In addition, create program alignment with the company’s business strategy ensuring business success. This role will build and drive foundational policies, processes, procedures, systems, and practices within the HR department and organization. This position requires a blend of strategy, tactics and execution together with the ability to collaborate and influence at all levels of the business. The newly hired Senior Director Total Rewards & HR Operations will be joining an early stage (publicly traded) bio pharma company at the verge of explosive growth and will have the opportunity to build out and develop the HR Total Rewards and Operations function.
Year One Priorities
Compensation Plan Design - partner cross functionally to develop, design, and implement a compensation framework that drives the desired behaviors and performance required to achieve the company‘s financial goals and objectives.
Technology/Process/Tools - Co-lead the implementation of recently selected HCM Platform. (Workday) Drive the implementation and utilization of HR processes, tools, and technology to improve HR Operational efficiency.
ELT Relationship Management – work directly with CHRO, CEO, CCO and other members of the ELT to influence and proactively provide guidance on short/long term Total Rewards strategy and initiatives in support of business goal achievement.
Change Leadership – utilize proven methodology and approach to successfully lead change in a high velocity/high agility environment.
Primary Responsibilities: (included but not limited to)
- Leads Total Rewards, HR Operations, and HRIS functions and teams.
- Partners with senior leadership to define, develop, communicate and execute Human Resources and Total Rewards philosophy, vision, and strategy.
- Creates guidance and framework of best practices around Human Resource functions with both a tactical and strategic approach.
- Partners with senior leadership regarding Total Rewards, HR Operations and HRIS strategies.
- Collaborates with the HR Business Partners.
- Oversee annual performance evaluation and salary review process.
- Collaborates with senior leadership around applicable design, recommendations, analysis and implementation of executive compensation programs.
- Oversees development of analytics and metrics around total rewards programs to influence program direction and monitor business impact and effectiveness.
- Oversees development and execution of reports and related materials for Compensation Committee of Board of Directors.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field; MA/MS/MBA a plus.
- Minimum of 15 years’ demonstrated success in development, implementation and execution of Compensation, Benefits, and HRIS strategies, including 8 years of demonstrated experience leading professional staff.
- Demonstrated expertise in Compensation and job structure planning and design, including base, bonus, and variable pay
- Experience working directly with executive level, including but not limited to Sr. Vice Presidents, CEO, Compensation Committee, etc. and presenting to executive management including Board of Directors.
- Strong business acumen and strategic thinking required.
- Demonstrated experience in performance management design, planning and implementation.
- Demonstrated expertise in HRIS design, planning and implementation.