Field Development Manager
Blue Rock Search has partnered with Subway, a leading global QSR Franchisor, to identify their next Field Development Manager. The FDM facilitates the execution of the overall assigned market development plan providing objective thought as the plan evolves cross functionally. The FDM will assist in executing the market plan through rigorous review and recommendations regarding all submitted new restaurants/franchisees and transfers that may include financial workouts, restaurant closures, or purchase, remodel, relocation and brokerage of restaurants.
- Facilitates execution of a market’s development plan with the goal of building market share, driving guest counts, increasing average unit volume and franchisee profitability. Educate and guide field teams regarding the benefits of market optimization. Provide objective voice regarding development plan decisions. Find the right locations and people and provide information to development team.
- Optimal Locations: Evaluate opportunities to improve existing asset base through site selection, relocations, and remodels. Develop working relationships with Real Estate Brokers to constantly identify and evaluate market opportunities. Work with Market Planning team analysis to execute Market Optimization Plans & to fill in identified white spaces.
- Research and Discover the Right Franchisees: Evaluate submitted transfers and new/existing franchisees and make recommendations that drive the overall market optimization plan. Focus on multi-unit operator (MUO) consolidation.
- Mitigate closures: Complete rigorous financial analysis and recommendations regarding requested restaurant closures.
- Travel is required to meet with Franchise Owners and cross functional team.
Skills & Abilities Required:
- Must have a positive attitude, be self-motivating, and have excellent time management and communication skills, good relationship building skills, flexible and detail oriented.
- Management of mergers and acquisitions, financial workout and financial consulting preferably in a QSR environment. Business valuation and brokerage negotiation. Record of budget and financial accomplishments.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people and experience leading cross functional decision making.
- Experience or understanding in overall market planning. Knowledge of franchise and licensing law, regulations and procedures.
- Strong knowledge of Strategic Planning, Sales Analysis, Consumer Insights and Brand Management.
- Bachelor’s Degree would be a plus
- 5+ years’ experience in commercial development
- Experience with market optimization and ability to grow small businesses
- Familiarity with market brokers/real estate
- Experience working with franchisees would be beneficial
- Restaurant and/or retail industry experience would be preferred
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/blue-rock-search/