*note: full bilingual proficiency (Spanish & English) is a requirement for this role
About the Role
Reporting to the Senior HR Manager, the Field HRBP is responsible for successfully partnering, consulting with, and coaching frontline leaders on all human resources-related issues. S/he will actively engage with front-line employees and leaders to foster and promote the company's core values and deliver a positive employee experience. S/he will assess and anticipate HR-related needs and work in collaboration with HR centers of excellence (COEs) to deliver value-added service to business clients and achieve talent goals necessary to sustain and drive business performance. The incoming Field HRBP must possess high EQ, act as an employee champion and change agent, while also implementing innovative and practical solutions through process, analytics, and KPIs.
- Build Partnerships: Learn the business, industry, and culture. Establish, build, and leverage positive working relationships with business leaders, employees, HR peers, and other key stakeholders. Partner with and proactively coach front line leaders to build capability and deliver a positive employee experience.
- HR Projects & Programs: Partner with business leaders & HR peers to roadmap and drive the implementation of effective HR programs, initiatives, and functional improvements. These programs should be tailored to the unique challenges of the industry and incorporate the company’s mission, values, and vision.
- Employee Relations/Compliance: In collaboration with business leaders and people managers, develop and deploy programs that foster employee engagement and retention across a geographically dispersed employee population. Work with leaders to manage the resolution of complex employment matters, including investigations, complaints, performance management, and dispute resolution. Provide SME advice, counsel, and hands-on support, ensuring compliance with company policies and all federal/state/local employment laws.
- Analytics & Dashboards: Utilize scorecards, KPIs, and dashboards to proactively communicate relevant HR information, influence HR/business decisions, and manage front line leader expectations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management or related field; Master’s Degree a plus
- Minimum of 3-4 years of applicable experience in Human Resources
- Manufacturing experience highly desired
- Appropriate experience with a large hourly & distributed workforce is a strong plus
- Experience working with union and non-union employees preferred
- Must be able to travel 20% of the time
- Opportunity to support over 5,000 employees across the Bay Area locations.
- Opportunity to join a publicly traded, $6B+ global industry leader
- High-visibility role with opportunity for long-term career growth within the broader HR function