Blue Rock Search has recently been engaged by one of our top clients, a mature and successful Global QSR Franchisor, to identify their next Senior Manager, Food Safety & Quality Assurance - Latin South. This is an excellent opportunity to join a well-established, iconic brand recognized by customers the world over.
Provide technical leadership and guidance to the company's stakeholders on all food safety and quality initiatives as well as emerging issues (crisis management). Provide direct FSQA support to the Latin South business unit, while managing and leading the other LAC team members. Guide the strategic implementation of programs and systems to ensure the strictest standards of safety and quality are upheld in all LAC markets.
- Provide technical support on EPD/NPD execution for the Latin South business unit to streamline the process and drive efficiency, participate in sample revisions, attend key business meetings, connect with Operations to run kitchen and restaurant trials/test (sample revision)
- Manage market-level Food Safety & Quality Leads and/or Managers to ensure execution of appropriate business priorities
- Lead all quality projects across the Latin South business unit: spec management, product approvals, product summits, product evaluation, quality complaints, continuous improvement.
- Support the implementation of corporate food safety and supplier management processes and systems within the LAC region
- Provide expertise, support, and guidance to internal and external partners in resolving complex food safety and product quality challenges within the LAC region
- Develop metrics and oversee team monitoring of key performance indicators for food safety for LAC suppliers and restaurants
- Develop, maintain & approve product specification in coordination with cross functional teams (IPC, OPS, BU, MKTG) & ensure products and specs conform with local/regional regulations and brand standards
- Bachelor's degree in Food Science or a related discipline (Food Safety and/or Project Management certifications would be a plus)
- 7+ years experience and knowledge of food science/technology and how it relates to product safety and quality parameters
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Comfortable with the formulation and manufacturing controls for all product categories (proteins, dairy, bakery, etc.) supplied within the brand's system
- Exceptional communication, writing, presentation, and training skills for audiences from both technical and non-technical backgrounds
- Strong organizational agility, ability to handle conflict within all levels of the brand's organization, and experience developing working relationships with industry and regulatory officials
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/blue-rock-search/