One of our key clients is looking for Franchise Business Consultants. This mature and successful Global QSR Franchisor has substantial development ahead of them. This person will be responsible for partnering with Franchisees to help them improve and achieve success. They will set best practices, coach the team and improve current systems. This critical role comes with many long-term opportunities for further career advancement.
Reporting to the Regional HR Director, the Regional/Senior HR Manager is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and front-line managers, ensuring that the HR Management team is successfully partnering with their operations partners and serving as helpful consultants to front-line leaders on all human resources-related issues. S/he will assess and anticipate HR-related needs and work in collaboration with HR centers of excellence (COEs) to deliver value-added service to business clients and achieve talent goals necessary to sustain and drive business performance. The incoming HR leader must possess high EQ and act as an employee champion and change agent, while also implementing innovative and practical solutions through process, analytics, and KPIs.
- Build Partnerships: Learn the business, industry, and culture. Establish, build, and leverage positive working relationships with business leaders, employees, HR peers, and other key stakeholders.
- HR Projects & Programs: Partner with business leaders & HR peers to roadmap and drive the implementation of effective HR programs, initiatives, and functional improvements. These programs should be tailored to the unique challenges of the industry and incorporate the company’s mission, values, and vision.
- Employee Relations/Compliance: In collaboration with business leaders and people managers, develop and deploy programs that foster employee engagement and retention across a geographically dispersed 5,000+ employee population. Work with leaders to manage the resolution of complex employment matters, including investigations, complaints, performance management, and dispute resolution. Provide SME advice, counsel, and hands-on support, ensuring compliance with company policies and all federal/state/local employment laws.
- Analytics & Dashboards: Drive the development and cross-functional utilization of scorecards, KPIs, and dashboards to proactively communicate relevant HR information, influence HR/business decisions, and manage leadership expectations.
- Coaches and consults with line management, providing HR guidance and driving leadership development when appropriate.
- Analyzes trends and metrics, seeking opportunities and strategies to improve trends in turnover, retention, and key indicators of employee and customer engagement.
- Partner with leadership and Talent Team to understand current and future staffing needs and to develop workforce plans that respond to those needs.
- Partner with Learning & Development Team to ensure key programs are focused on front-line managers and team members.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of local (Bay Area), state, and federal legal/compliance requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with Legal Team as needed/required.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to front-line leaders (e.g. coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions, etc.).
- Works closely with front-line leaders to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Identifies training needs for business and individual coaching needs. Participates in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Oversee the compensation administration process, including the planning and implementation of annual salary reviews, merit increases, promotion process and bonus programs. Lead regular market and ad-hoc analyses of base pay, variable pay (including sales incentives) bonus, long-term incentives, and benefits to ensure market-competitiveness. Collaborate with HR Business Partners, Talent Acquisition, hiring managers, Finance, and leaders on pay decisions, sales plan documentation, policy, and job evaluation, including the design of creative solutions for specific compensation-related programs.
- Stay abreast of and respond to legislative changes impacting benefits programs; help to build and maintain a health & wellness culture.
- Monitor and communicate key business performance targets and their related talent implications with business leaders.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management or related field; Master’s Degree preferred; in lieu of degree, 10+ years of related experience required
- Minimum of 7 years of applicable experience in Human Resources, business operations or management
- Appropriate experience with a large hourly & distributed workforce is a strong plus
- Experience working with union and non-union employees preferred
- Must be able to travel 20% of the time.
- Opportunity to lead and shape the Bay-area HR team/function, while supporting 5k+ employees.
- Opportunity to join a $6B+ global leader in the facility services industry.
- High-visibility role with opportunity for long-term career growth within the broader HR function.