08 May Global Comp Business Partner / Sr. Director
Our client is looking for a Compensation Thought Leader to join the Global Total Rewards team. Given their current high velocity/high-change environment, they are seeking a Global Compensation Business Partner to work directly with their global Commercial organization. This high-profile role will be advising a range of stakeholders (including the EVP and the HR Leader) on initiatives that will help the company to achieve its growth targets, primarily through the attraction, engagement and retention of talent. In this role, you will be a key member of the global Compensation team and will provide strategic input to the design and development of programs and leading the strategic deployment of programs and processes across the Commercial function. As the internal Compensation Partner, it is critical that you understand the priorities and challenges of the global Commercial leaders to be able to provide the appropriate total rewards expertise needed to deliver business results. This individual is expected to be able to actively negotiate and influence outcomes that support the corporate compensation and people philosophy as well as the functional objectives/priorities.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record of success in a complex matrix, global organization as a Total Rewards or specialist Compensation Leader – with direct ownership of strategy development and operational delivery and evidence of solving complex problems through the successful implementation of key initiatives.
- Compensation Consulting: Partner with VP HR Commercial, Global Chief Commercial Officer and other key stakeholders/people managers to deliver real-time, business-relevant compensation solutions in support of achieving business growth targets.
- Global Comp Plan Design: Partner with Global Commercial organization to analyze competitiveness of comp programs globally and define the roadmap required to achieve the company’s global growth goals. Leverage deep subject matter expertise to execute comprehensive assessment of all current Commercial organization comp programs, systems & tools.
- Compensation Analytics: Leverage available internal and external systems and tools (Workday & Comp Survey Data) to: proactively identify client group relevant trends; ensure the effective utilization of comp systems to reward performance and drive retention; and drive efficient/effective administration of all core comp administration processes.
- Project Management: Partner with Global Comp leadership team in the successful development, implementation, communication and roll-out of all Global Comp programs and initiatives.
- Strategic consulting on Rewards issues and trends, with an array of stakeholders inclusive of Executive Vice President, Sr Vice Presidents and HR leaders.
- Partner across compensation team to represent views of Global Commercial Leader and ensure alignment between corporate and regional structures/programs.
- Provide comprehensive counsel on all compensation programs and processes to functional and HR leaders, including strategic hires, top talent retention, job leveling and annual planning cycles.
- Demonstrate credibility of market competitiveness for talent through external data sources and networking connections.
- Educate and influence leaders on parity, equity and utilizing Rewards to drive the right performance and behaviors.
- Demonstrate thoughtful and thorough planning of initiatives and change management to achieve stakeholder credibility and buy-in.
- Partner with and provide ongoing support to HR stakeholders to ensure a consistent employee experience, aligned with the compensation and people philosophies.
- Advisory support to M&A teams for due diligence risks, integration and harmonization of new staff and Reward plans, as appropriate.
- Proactive development of job structures and compensation plans suitable to attract, engage and retain talent in new areas not existing within the company.
- Thought leader for workforce trends, inclusive of “future of work” developments and impacts on Total Reward strategy.
- Anticipate, identify and resolve discrepancies in project priorities, plans and activities in a timely fashion.
Skills & Experience
- BA/BS degree, preferably with an emphasis in HR or Business.
- 14+ years of relevant experience in the Compensation field. MS degree can be substituted for 1 year of related experience.
- Previous experience in Global organizations with 5,000 or more employees. Biopharmaceutical or Pharmaceutical experience highly preferred.
- Deep working knowledge of HCM software platforms (Workday highly preferred) and Microsoft Suite (particularly Excel).
- CCP/GRP certification (or course completion) desired.
- Exceptional presentation skills
- Ability to make sound business decisions using data and expertise, in support of business objectives
- Motivated and able to take initiative and independently drive projects to completion
- Builds strong justification to support recommendations and effectively communicates to decision-makers
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, written and verbal communication skills
- Highly detail-oriented and well-organized
- Team player who can easily handle shifting priorities, multi-tasking in a deadline-oriented environment
- A sense of urgency and a proactive approach
- Strong collaboration and customer service skills
- A self-reliant achiever with ability to work independently and set and adjust priorities