About the Role
With the hyper-growth of the organization, the People function is seeking a Head of Total Rewards to oversee the delivery of creative, differentiated compensation solutions on a global scale. As a member of the Global HR Leadership team, reporting directly to the Chief People Officer, the incoming Total Rewards leader will set the strategy for our broad-based compensation programs to deliver a “best-in-class” employee experience, while demonstrating ongoing ROI. Working with HR and business leaders across all functions, s/he will drive the efforts to design and implement solutions that will enhance our ability to attract, engage, and retain talent. This individual will be empowered to grow and manage a high-performing team and partner strategically with key stakeholders on a broad range of compensation initiatives. The Global Head of Total Rewards must be a self-starter who thrives in a collaborative environment and is comfortable operating in a constantly evolving, fast-moving, results-oriented organization and has a firm grasp of the nuances associated with working across multiple geographies and cultures.
- Assess & Shape the Function: Conduct full assessment of total rewards function, inclusive of structure, talent, culture, process, and technology. Identify needs, growth areas, and pain points – make recommendations and define TR strategy and goals.
- Comp Plan Design & Communication: Partner with the CPO to lead the development of a fully integrated Compensation Strat Plan. Execute Pay Equity Study; partner with Chief Technology Officer to drive comprehensive assessment and redesign of Innovation and R&D comp strategy; and define the roadmap and communications plan required to achieve the company’s global growth goals and increase competitiveness of comp structures.
- Benefits Design & Implementation: Partner with the CPO, CFO, CTO, and other key stakeholders to develop, execute, and proactively communicate key benefits programs across the enterprise. Oversee the design, funding, and administration of all benefits projects.
- Vendor/Partner Management: Develop and implement vendor/broker performance scorecard. Utilize scorecard process & results to drive effectiveness and ongoing management of external partners across the Total Rewards function.
- Lead, evaluate, and evolve a Global Total Rewards function and partner on HR transformation.
- Join a $1.5B+ high-growth, public tech company disrupting a $400B industry.
- High-visibility role with opportunity for long-term career growth within the broader HR function.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, HR or related field. MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of compensation & benefits experience, preferably for a fast-paced, growing company.
- Demonstrated experience in compensation analysis, trends & compensation best practices in a multi-disciplined (preferably highly-matrixed corporate) environment, including with technical and sales roles.
- Demonstrated excellence in project management.
- Analytical, pragmatic, and adaptable. Ability to evaluate complex data and make recommendations.
- Ability to quickly establish credibility to partner effectively with business leaders and people team colleagues to define and deliver effective processes, data and programs that support the business goals.
- Proactive with a strong sense of urgency, and has a continuous process improvement mindset.
- Willingness to get the work done; not focused on titles and bureaucracy.
- Advanced MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills.
- CCP (Certified Compensation Professional) and/or GRP (Global Remuneration Professional) certifications a strong plus.
- Experience working with Workday a strong plus.
- International leadership experience strongly preferred.