With the hyper-growth of the organization, the People function is seeking a Global Head of Total Rewards to oversee the delivery of creative, differentiated compensation solutions on a global scale. As a member of the Global HR Leadership team, reporting directly to the VP People, the incoming leader will set the strategy for our broad-based compensation programs to deliver a “best-in-class” employee experience, while demonstrating ongoing ROI. Working with HR and business leaders across all regions, s/he will drive the efforts to design and implement solutions that will enhance our ability to attract, engage, and retain talent. This individual will be empowered to grow and manage a high-performing team and partner strategically with key stakeholders on a range of compensation initiatives. The Global Head of Total Rewards must be a self-starter who thrives in a collaborative environment and is comfortable operating in a constantly evolving, fast-moving, results-oriented organization and has a firm grasp of the cultural nuances associated with working across multiple countries and cultures.
- Functional Assessment: Conduct full assessment of Total Rewards function, inclusive of structure, talent, culture, process, and technology. Identify needs, growth areas, and pain points – make recommendations and define Global Total Rewards strategy and goals.
- Comp Design & Integration: Partner with the VP People to lead the development of a fully integrated Global Compensation Strat Plan. Analyze competitiveness of compensation programs globally and define the roadmap required to achieve the company’s global growth goals. Execute comprehensive assessment of current broad-based compensation systems.
- Benefits Design & Implementation: Partner with the VP People, CFO, and other key stakeholders to develop, execute, and communicate key benefits programs. Oversee the design, funding, and administration of all annual benefits projects. Participate in the selection and management of all vendors, brokers, and administrative partners.
- Project/Financial Management: Lead additional projects as requested, including: research, planning, and implementation; acquisition integrations; cost/benefit analysis; compliance reporting, etc. Proactively partner with Finance department on budgeting and accrual of all total rewards programs.
- Communications Strategy: Develop and implement a proactive communication plan for the Global Compensation function that directly speaks to the strategic direction of the business and speaks holistically to delivering a positive employee experience.
- Provide pragmatic, inspiring and innovative vision and leadership to total rewards that focuses on the employee experience and impacts business results.
- Provide thought leadership and build total rewards programs that will ensure the company meets its goals of attracting, developing and retaining the best talent, while maintaining fiscal discipline.
- Partner with the VP People, Executive Team, communications team, and broader HR function to develop, execute, and communicate key benefits and compensation programs. Set short- and long-term strategic and tactical objectives to drive company success.
- Ensure programs are market-competitive, aligned with business goals, and in compliance with company policies and relevant government regulations.
- Prepare qualitative and quantitative analytics to support development of cost-effective compensation and benefits programs, including proposals for program changes and utilization.
- Provide expertise and guidance to executive leadership team, compensation committee, functional leaders and HR colleagues on pay decisions, policy benefits interpretations and job leveling.
- Oversee the compensation and benefits administration process, including the planning and implementation of annual salary reviews, merit increases, short/long term incentives, and benefits enrollment. Lead regular market and ad-hoc analyses of base pay, variable pay (including sales incentives) bonus, long-term incentives, and benefits to ensure market-competitiveness. Collaborate with HR Business Partners, Talent Acquisition, hiring managers, Finance, and functional leaders on pay decisions, sales plan documentation, policy, and job evaluation, including the design of creative solutions for specific compensation-related programs
- Monitor compensation, benefits, and legislative trends in the competitive market and ensure total rewards programs are designed to attract/retain high-performers and key talent.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or related field (MBA or MFA preferred)
- Minimum of 10 years of compensation & benefits experience (including broad-based comp, executive comp, equity, and sales comp), preferably within a fast-paced, high-growth global company. Minimum 3-4 years’ Total Rewards team leadership experience
- CCP (Certified Compensation Professional) and/or GRP (Global Remuneration Professional) certifications are a strong plus
- Demonstrated experience in compensation analysis, trends, HRIS & best practices
- Demonstrated experience in leading and designing HR Shared Services
- Demonstrated excellence in preparing and co-leading compensation committee discussions.
- Deep analytical, pragmatic and adaptable mindset, with the ability to evaluate complex data and make recommendations.
- Ability to quickly establish credibility to partner effectively with business leaders and people team colleagues to define and deliver effective processes, data and programs that support business goals
- Bias towards action (with a strong sense of urgency) and a continuous process improvement mindset
- Demonstrated excellence in vendor management, project management, problem analysis and resolution
- Experience working with contemporary HR Technology platforms (e.g. ADP/Workday) are strongly preferred
- International experience strongly preferred