About the Role
Reporting to the Chief Human Resources Officer, the Head of Total Rewards & HR Operations will drive the transition of Compensation, Benefits, HRIS and other HR processes/programs from the previous shared services model to an autonomous/standalone function within a newly created, independent business unit. Following this successful transition, this individual will stand up, build out and lead the Total Rewards function, which will entail all aspects of Compensation, Benefits, Payroll, Employee Health & Welfare, and retirement programs. The Head of Total Rewards & HR Operations will partner with Senior Business Leaders and HR Business Partners to define and implement the Compensation strategy, ensuring that outcomes meet current and future business needs and are consistent with internal and external market position.
- Functional Assessment & Migration: Conduct comprehensive assessment of all Total Rewards-related functions under previous shared services model (inclusive of structure, process, tech, etc.). Drive the transition and stand-up of autonomous, standalone Total Rewards function under new, independent business unit.
- Broad-based Comp Design: Partner with the CHRO to lead the development of a fully integrated Compensation Strat Plan, with a heavy focus on hourly populations. Analyze competitiveness of compensation programs and define the roadmap required to achieve the company’s growth goals. Execute comprehensive assessment of current broad-based compensation systems.
- Benefits Design & Implementation: Partner with the CHRO, COO, CFO, and other key stakeholders to develop, execute, and communicate key benefits programs. Oversee the design, funding, and administration of all annual benefits projects. Participate in the selection and management of all vendors, brokers, and administrative partners.
- Build Partnerships: Learn the business, industry, and culture. Establish, build, and leverage positive working relationships with business leaders, HR peers, and other key stakeholders. Develop and implement a proactive communication plan for the Compensation function that directly supports and drives the strategic direction of the business and holistically delivers a positive employee experience.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master's degree preferred
- 15+ years of broad-based compensation, HRIS, payroll and benefits experience
- Demonstrated success in linking total rewards strategies and business results
- Manufacturing environment highly desirable
- Experience with mid-market HRIS implementation highly desirable
- Familiarity with HRIS/Payroll systems preferred
- Strong proficiency in MS Office and other computer skills
- Must be able to demonstrate tact, discretion and sound business judgement
- Strong communication, analytical and organizational skills