As a member of the HR Leadership Team, reporting to the VP People & Culture, the Head of Total Rewards & Talent, will be a key strategic partner to the executive leadership team and board of directors as the company prepares for IPO. This is an opportunity to design, develop, and implement a total rewards philosophy, architecture, and mindset across a high-growth company that is fundamentally changing and challenging existing paradigms in the BioPharma/BioTech industry. The Head of Total Rewards & Talent will also lead the organization’s Talent, Development, and Inclusion agenda. This high-impact role will require an innovative talent leader to drive organizational readiness, integrated scalable programs, and strategies & mindsets that enable the company to attract and hire the best talent in the world.
- Assess & Shape the Function: Conduct full assessment of total rewards function, inclusive of structure, talent, culture, process, and technology. Identify needs, growth areas, and pain points – make recommendations and define TR strategy and goals.
- Total Rewards Design & Comms: Partner with the VP People & Culture on the development of a fully integrated Total Rewards Strat Plan. Expand current comp structure/philosophy and build/execute a comp plan that prepares the company for IPO and enables future scaling and hyper-growth. Lead the organization in establishing a market-relevant short-term incentive plan for the salaried employee population. Develop & execute key benefits programs across the enterprise, owning the design, funding, and administration of all benefits projects as well as the selection & management of all benefits vendors, brokers, and administrative partners.
- Executive Compensation & IPO Planning: In partnership with VP People & Culture, the ELT and external consultants, lead the design and implementation of pre/post-IPO executive comp strategy, including design, implementation, communication, and administration of all equity and cash comp programs. Collaborate with ELT & Legal to address/mitigate SEC & ISS inquiries, ensuring compliance along the IPO launch roadmap. Partner with ELT to develop materials for Compensation Committee meetings, actively engaging with Committee members on all pre/post-Board Meeting follow-up action items.
- Culture & Brand Champion: Partner with VP People & Culture to weave the company's values & vision into the fabric of the Talent, Development, and Inclusion Strategy. Lead the organization’s talent development agenda to ensure organizational readiness and achievement of growth objectives. Leveraging social media, digital/print collateral, and community partnerships, tap into diversified talent channels and cultivate memorable candidate connections with the company's brand that bolster value prop and talent attraction strategies. Manage assess, measure, and manage effectiveness of outsourced TA partner.
- Opportunity to design, stand up, and lead a best-in-class Total Rewards & Talent function.
- Opportunity to join, at ground-level, a high-growth biotech disruptor revolutionizing the treatment of autoimmune and degenerative diseases.
- High-visibility role with opportunity for long-term growth within the broader HR function.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, HR or related field. MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 12 years of Total Rewards experience, preferably within a fast-paced, high-growth company. Minimum 3 years’ team leadership experience.
- Strong consulting, communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated experience in executive compensation, broad based compensation, variable compensation plan design, compensation analysis, trends and compensation best practices in a multi-disciplined environment, ideally with technical (scientific) and business development.
- Demonstrated excellence in preparing and co-leading compensation committee discussions.
- Deep analytical, pragmatic and adaptable mindset, with the ability to evaluate complex data and make recommendations.
- Ability to quickly establish credibility to partner effectively with business leaders and people team colleagues to define and deliver effective processes, data and programs that support the business goals.
- Demonstrated success designing, building, and flawlessly executing a HR Strategy for organizations during periods of high growth (building models that can scale)
- A business partner mindset with the experience and confidence necessary to work with senior executives, HR leaders, and employees at all levels to deliver results
- An experienced leader, accountable for coaching, developing, progressing, and retaining employees.
- High business acumen with the ability to translate business objectives into Talent priorities
- Bias towards action (with a strong sense of urgency) and a continuous process improvement mindset.
- CCP (Certified Compensation Professional) certification a strong plus. Experience working with contemporary HR Technology platforms (i.e. ADP/Workday) a plus. International experience strongly preferred.