25 Jun Human Resources Business Partner
Primarily provides employee relations support and recruiting support to corporate managers. May also provide support for employee benefits, safety, workers' compensation, etc. Handles various HR-related projects as assigned by HR Manager or VP of HR.
- Uses expertise and good judgment to provide advice and counsel to managers, supervisors and employees as to Human Resources policies and procedures and employee relations issues; maintains consistent, favorable and effective relations among employees; accountable for motivating and coaching supervisors and managers to ensure consistent, equal, and fair treatment of their employees.
- Acts as primary contact for training and development, including identifying and delivering and/or coordinating training solutions; coordinates training calendars for new managers.
- Assists in developing and communicating new HR policies, procedures and initiatives.
- Provides secondary support for benefits (health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, 401(k), etc.); e.g. answering basic benefits-related questions, facilitating benefit roll-out meetings, etc.
- Must remain up-to-date on employment law and labor relations trends, developments and changes in law or interpretations of the law and understand how they apply to the organization; communicate any deviation in organizational practice from what is required by law and recommend corrective action if needed.
- Maintain communication with the Human Resources Manager as well as with the Human Resources staff as needed on current activities, issues, etc.; write and distribute a weekly activity report.
- Administer the performance appraisal process.
- Assist with the development of employee retention programs.
- Must be regarded by the functional managers/supervisors as a qualified consultant in Human Resources procedures.
- Must be regarded by employees as someone who can help them solve problems within the division's work structure and who can find answers to their employment-related questions.
- Takes on other tasks and projects as assigned by HR Manager and/or VP of HR, e.g. turnover report; researching and reporting on employment law or other HR-related topics; coordinating Years of Service awards, etc.; Miscellaneous HR administrative functions; e.g. invoice reconciliation and approval, leave administration, etc.
- Bilingual English/Spanish required
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 3-8 years of Human Resources experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities
- Ability to attend meetings at various sites within and away from the Admin office
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/blue-rock-search/