About the Role
Reporting to the CFO, Michael Wenz, the HR Director will partner closely with the University Cabinet and play a critical role in shepherding the performance and goals of our university. Supporting 500 employees, and leading a 4-person HR team, the incoming leader will assess and evolve the function, optimize processes & technology, and develop a long-term HR strategy that is aligned/integrated with the university’s growth vision. This role will own and drive all aspects of the HR function, inclusive of talent acquisition, comp & ben, payroll, HR technology, talent management, culture & inclusion, employee relations, and HR compliance. As a trusted advisor to the University Cabinet, the HR Director will influence and help transform the university’s strategy for responding to and getting ahead of the unique challenges facing the field of higher education.
- Assess & Shape the Function: Conduct full assessment of the People function. Develop an integrated, long-term HR strategy and implement the structure, programs, tools, and functional improvements required to execute that plan.
- Talent Acquisition: Partnering with Cabinet members and people managers, drive execution of the university’s hiring goals. Although this role will have an internal recruiting resource, the HRD must still be capable of carrying his/her own req load and executing full lifecycle recruiting, from recruitment marketing to screening to onboarding.
- Total Rewards & HR Tech: Working closely with the CFO and Cabinet, assess, evolve, execute, and proactively communicate key benefits programs. Oversee the design, funding, and administration of all benefits projects. Develop and implement vendor/broker performance scorecard. Utilize scorecard process & results to drive effectiveness and ongoing management of external partners across. Streamline & align all HR technologies. Ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll.
- HR Compliance & Employee Relations: Process and manage the resolution of complex employment matters, inclusive of complaints, investigations, performance management, disciplinary actions, terminations, medical leave, workers comp, and unemployment claims. Provide advice, counsel, and hands-on support to people managers, ensuring compliance with company policies and all federal/state/local employment laws & regulations.
- Lead & shape the HR function and 4-person team in support of 500 employees & 1800 students.
- Join a respected, historic university with a nimble, experiential, and global approach to education.
- High-visibility, high-impact role with opportunity for long-term career growth
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Master's Degree desired.
- A minimum of five (5) years of Human Resources experience required.