Our client, a national leader in the commercial construction industry, is looking for a highly motivated, energetic and collaborative HR professional to lead their HR team. As the functional HR leader for a 215+ employee/3-site nationwide client group, you will partner with the executive leadership team to develop and execute a comprehensive, business-relevant HR strategy across all functional areas, inclusive of: employee engagement, training & development, compliance, talent acquisition, HR/business analytics, and compensation & benefits. You will also be tasked with the day-to-day administration of HR policies, processes and procedures, driving a culture of performance and positive employee relations, and providing consultative services to management and employees.
- Business Partner: Learn the business, industry and culture. Establish, build and leverage positive working relationships with business leaders, employees and other key stakeholders.
- TA Strategy: Provide strategic leadership to the Talent Acquisition team to establish scalable best practices for the attraction and recruitment of business-critical roles (e.g. Superintendents/Project Managers).
- L&D Strategy: Collaborate with EVP, Operations on the design and implementation of corporate Learning & Development curriculum, inclusive of (but not limited to) performance management, leadership training and talent planning.
- HR Programs: Identify, develop and deploy HR programs that drive performance/results and foster retention, engagement and a positive organizational culture. These programs should be tailored to the unique challenges of the commercial construction industry and incorporate the company’s vision and values.
- Employee Relations: In collaboration with business leaders, manage the resolution of complex employment matters, including investigations, complaints, and performance management. Provide SME advice, counsel and hands-on support to business and field leaders, ensuring compliance with company policies and all state/federal employment laws.
- Bachelor's degree required; HR/business-related discipline highly preferred
- HR Experience: Minimum of 10 years, preferably in a generalist capacity
- Management Experience: Minimum of 5 years in a supervisory role
- Certifications: SHRM-CP/SCP and/or PHR/SPHR preferred
- Systems/Software Experience: Must be highly proficient in MS Office. Previous experience with HRIS systems is required; experience with ADP preferred. Also preferred - experience utilizing talent management system(s), organizational chart software, and compensation analysis technology.