The Manager, Strategic Initiatives & Communications is a dynamic and high visibility role with the opportunity to work alongside top executive leadership. This person should have excellent engagement management skills to drive and ensure the success of cross-functional initiatives. The role will often operate independently and with minimal daily supervision, and thus must possess strong personal drive, self-direction, and judgment. This role also requires an extremely high level of integrity, professionalism and discretion given the level of access to confidential company information. The Strategic Initiatives Manager will help drive the timely and accurate completion of multiple strategic initiatives occurring simultaneously. The person in this role will be responsible for providing engagement management, thought leadership, and analytical support. If you are adept at hard analytical, and soft people skills, and able to adapt to rapidly changing business needs, then this job is for you!
Position responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Constant “In the Know” of as many aspects of what is going on in the company that will affect the Field Team and Franchisees.
- Work closely with the Managing Director of Canada to communicate Business priorities and growth opportunities per the Canadian Executive Team alignment.
- Provide communications insight and recommendations on improvement opportunities and determine the best way to track priorities and performance management for the
- Field Initiatives:
- Lead key initiatives, related to field projects (where needed)
- Follow up on field initiatives, when necessary - project management
- Plot and track timelines
- Know which initiatives will require additional training and education for the Field team to serve the franchisees (i.e. pricing)
- Overdue Balance Calls:
- Structure meetings and agenda topics
- Guide and assist new directors on quarterly overdue balances and their role in helping HQ to collect outstanding funds
- Facilitate and Coordinate Key Meetings & Activities:
- Franchisee Webinars:
- Scheduling, planning, collaborating with internal stakeholders on preparing a unified content strategy and meeting deck
- Inviting / Communications
- Team Webinars – manage effective team meetings:
- Planning and execution
- Preparing content
- Quarterly Business Reviews: gather, assist, plan, and execute the submission of QBR information to HQ
- Territory Transitions:
- Initial communication:
- Welcome & Introduction Webinar: setup, invites, hosting
- Market Ops Directory: Updating both personal and store information in the directory
- Relationship Building: build relations amongst many levels to assist in communications, knowledge, and reach outs for Canada; includes multiple departments at HQ, 3rdparty vendors, IPC, distributors, and more
- Fresh Insights:
- Maintain Maps as we continue to add territories.
- Update and maintain reports/information for webinars, etc.
- Account holder for field surveys
- Survey creation, reporting, and analysis
- Critical Issues:
- Point of contact for franchisees/directors/team members for critical issues where they may need additional assistance in resolving
- Franchisee Webinars:
A successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree is a plus
- 3 to 5+ years of experience with related tasks
- Experience working for a franchisor (restaurant experience would be a big plus)
- Strong communications and project management experience
- Strategic, organized, and ability to work cross-functionally across multiple departments