About the Role
The Payroll Manager leads all payroll activities for the company and is a key resource on the HR Solutions & Services team. This role supports the organization with project-specific initiatives, including data analysis, implementation, and streamlining, while designing and implementing solutions and procedures to enhance the employee experience. The Payroll Manager is a professional position that performs diverse duties of a complex and specialized nature and will be assigned to manage and/or monitor the work produced by other employees
- Work with ADP to ensure data is accurate and is imported timely into the payroll system to ensure employee earnings and deduction amounts are correct.
- Ensure systems and controls are set up accurately within ADP to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local guidelines. Oversee all payroll tax activities, including compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Maintain current employee records and information in all systems. Perform periodic audits to ensure information is accurate and the process follows operating guidelines.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year university, preferably in accounting, human resources management, business administration, finance, or related field.
- A minimum of (7) years of payroll experience in a fast-paced corporate environment with multistate payrolls.
- Demonstrated experience running full-cycle payroll in Workday HRIS.
- Advanced knowledge in the following areas of Payroll; processing, corrections, FLSA, OT, taxes (multi-state and reciprocity), employee payroll tax maintenance, expats, non-health and welfare deductions, gross-to-net calculations, taxable fringe benefit, year-end W-2s, W-2cs, and other related payroll tax tasks.
- Knowledge of multiple state and federal employment laws.
- Demonstrated management skills in leading, coaching, developing, and training a team of direct reports.