Restaurant Design Specialist
Blue Rock Search is partnered with Subway, a leading global QSR franchisor. We are searching for a Restaurant Design Specialist to support our LATAM team. If you feel that this is the role for you, and you are successful with your application, be ready to be bold, empowered, accountable, and ready to have fun in a fast paced and agile working environment.
The Restaurant Design Specialist is the primary design liaison between Subway and the SMO/BD/Franchisee community. They are responsible for managing the flow, design review and distribution of design project requests for remodels completed by a 3rd Party Design Agency for bulk production. The Restaurant Design Specialist will design floor plans for all new and relocating restaurants in all markets that we serve.
- Daily management of assigned SMO/BD territories within specific regions to be a single point person. Responsibilities include receiving and logging all design requests and facilitating day to day communications with SMO/BD(s) and Franchisees. A tracking log of work pending status will always be maintained that indicates all pending drawings that need to be completed as well as when that work was completed and sent to the field. At the end of each business day, work completed by the Restaurant Design Specialist as well as from the 3rd Party Design Agency will be documented in SUBS, identifying which jobs were completed so that they can be tracked accordingly in the company’s data systems. Be responsible for archiving full sets completed by in-house and the 3rd Party Design Agency.
- Utilize the current design software to create site specific floor plans that adhere to the company’s determined design and décor criteria for new locations and relocations. Designing remodels only upon assignment and urgent request. Each Restaurant Design Specialist will maintain an acceptable turnaround time on all floor plan requests and if unable to achieve an acceptable turnaround they will seek assistance through provided resources within the department as well as the 3rd Party Design Agency.
- Work with 3rd Party Design Agency to share across remodel requests and all associated files/communications to support the completion of request. Receive and review for quality control the remodel full sets from the 3rd Party Design Agency. Create the Bundle File for importation into the IPC Equipment Marketplace.
- Design exterior mockups of existing buildings upon request utilizing Adobe Creative Cloud software products. Provide guidance on implementing the brand trade dress including call outs for exterior materials and finishes as well as signage.
- The Restaurant Design Specialist will be available to their assigned SMO/BD(s) and Franchisees to assist with any questions that may arise during the planning and subsequent building process as it relates to the design and décor of the restaurant in question.
- Gather and maintain documentation of all requirements and options for new locations and remodels unique to the Restaurant Design Specialist’s assigned regions, Business Units and SMO/BD territories. Upload documentation to a team shared folder and/or SharePoint team site.
The successful candidate will have:
- Associate degree in Interior Design, Architecture or Graphic Design is Preferred
- Revit and/or AutoCAD Skills/Certificate
- 2 to 5 years in interior design and/or architecture – Restaurant, Retail and/or hospitality design experience a plus
- Fully Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/blue-rock-search/