Senior Vice President, Development
Blue Rock Search is partnered with Subway to identify their next Senior Vice President, Development. This individual would be responsible for the growth and development of Subway franchise locations and all strategic aspects of restaurant development related to their restaurants such as: new store openings, remodeling, design, and restaurant maintenance. This role will build a strategic plan to ensure project deadlines are met and company targets are hit and lead a team of development professionals who have responsibility for the entire development life cycle: from lead generations, lead conversion, sale, leasing, and restaurant design for traditional and non-traditional restaurants in the North American market. Success will be realized through the oversight and management of project teams made up of internal and external resources, while remaining on budget and maintaining the highest standards. This position will report directly to the President, North America.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive growth strategy that supports our business objectives and maximizes our market potential. Identify and pursue new business opportunities that expand our client base and increase our revenue streams. Analyze market trends and competitive landscapes to identify new growth opportunities and stay ahead of market changes. Establish and maintain relationships with key industry players, partners, and customers to drive growth and ensure customer satisfaction. Develop and manage budgets and forecasts to support growth targets and ensure financial sustainability. (50%)
- Overall accountability for the development of the Subway brand across North America. Coaching, mentoring, guiding the Subway Market Optimization (SMO) and BDAs to ensure every market is optimized. Analyzes key performance indicators and metrics to monitor, develop, progress and tracks performance of the team relative to annual plans. (25%)
- Develops and enhances positive business relationships with new and existing franchise owners, BDAs, vendors, and non-traditional partners. (15%)
- Manages multiple disciplines to ensure all facets of development are handled in accordance with the established processes, timelines, and budgets while ensuring optimal efficiency. Leads and oversees the team responsible for franchise sales (new and expanding Fos), site approvals, leasing and construction projects. (10%)
Skills & Abilities Required:
- Highly strategic and able to both create and execute department- and company-wide growth strategies.
- Extremely data-driven and highly competent at both creating data reports and monitoring data in order to measure success and inform decisions.
- Demonstrated success leading and building high performance development teams.
- Strong ability to hold a team accountable while motivating, influencing, and inspiring the team to win.
Education & Experience:
- Degree in Business Administration or related degree (required); MBA (preferred)
- A minimum of 10 years professional experience in a leadership role within a franchise organization where development was a key focus.
- Business travel up to 40%
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/blue-rock-search/