Blue Rock Search has partnered with Subway Canada to identify a Senior Digital Strategist to help them improve their guests’ experience across all digital touchpoints. The role will be to both create and implement the recommended/approved digital strategy. This is a 9-month contract role within Subway’s Marketing team. This role will report directly into the Director of Media, with interaction and collaboration with the social, creative and media agencies, as well as all key Subway stakeholders. The ideal candidate for this role is a proactive leader and has strong problem-solving skills. They know how to effectively collaborate with multiple stakeholders to achieve goals. They have strong analytical and strategic skills, a deep understanding of the digital landscape and an understanding of the creative process and messaging.
Responsibilities are (but are not limited to) the following:
- Assess ALL consumer facing touchpoints/messaging (paid/owned/earned), with focus on the digital ecosystem; social media, emails, SEO/SEM, CRM, app/website messaging, paid advertising, etc.
- Identify actionable areas of improvement and measurable KPIs (controllable)
- Identify non-actionable areas of improvement for consideration (uncontrollable)
- Identify gaps to close for success and required resources for support
- Identify action plan (60, 90, 180-day) to implement strategy
- Establish and build a framework to increase campaign performance & reporting
- Establish process and procedure for continued implementation of the framework, including timelines (cadence), reporting requirements/metrics/analytics
- Establish internal and external relationships for required data and access reports on determined schedule. Connect the Canadian organization with US counterparts to leverage NA capabilities.
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Social Media experience/knowledge is a must
- Knowledgeable in Google Analytics and/or Adobe Analytics to analyze and understand user behavior and engagement on Subway site
- Ability to evaluate and understand revenue models such as ROAS/Cost Per Purchase and Average Basket Sales to help identify measurable objectives that can be obtained from a revenue standpoint.
- QSR and/or Retail experience is preferable
- Strong collaboration skills: work with cross-functional teams
- Ability to work in a fast-pace dynamic environment
- Effective problem solver, with the ability to clearly identify and articulate key issues, see around corners, and anticipate what’s next.
- Excellent Presentation & Communication skills
- Strong Project Management Skills to manage an efficient planning process