Sr Food Safety & Quality Lead
Blue Rock Search has partnered with Subway, to identify their next Senior Food Safety & Quality Lead. As part of the FSQA Americas team, this role supports food safety and quality assurance initiatives to drive continuous improvement across the supply chain. Working closely with the FSQA category leads, this role is responsible for supporting technical management of food ingredient and suppliers for the Subway exports markets, ensuring these markets get approved food ingredients in compliance to Subway standards. This individual also provides ongoing Quality and Food Safety guidance to the cross functional teams, working to develop alternate food ingredients and solutions in compliance with the local regulations to protect our guests and the brand. In addition to the supporting role for export markets, this role also provides food safety support for the Category Leads regarding food safety inspections, supplier and ingredient approval.
- Partner with the FSQA Americas category leads, Nutritionist, Non-Trad, suppliers, IPC and distribution teams to approve and manage suppliers and products for export markets, ensuring consistent supply for export markets.
- Address supply chain constraints, manage quality/food safety complaints and assess risks, applying the FSQA guidelines while remaining flexible to individual team and business needs.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory and brand food safety standards for domestic products across all categories: expectation manual, GFSI requirements, audit program, micro standards, etc.
- Participate on food safety supplier approval processes with IPC and the Category Leads verifying compliance of supplier plants with Subway requirements, completing food safety verification of product specifications and support the Category Leads with technical food safety visits during commercialization.
Skills & Abilities Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in a Science and/or Food related discipline
- Strong knowledge of food safety, microbiology, Food Codes and other food regulations
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong knowledge/experience (5+ years) in quality assurance management, preferably with large food service or supply chain companies
- Experience with manufacturing process and formulation within the core product categories (bread, protein, cheese, sauces), preferably with QSR companies.
- Organizational agility and ability of developing working relationships with the different internal/external agents
- Excellent communication/presentation skills to make information accessible to different audiences and to influence decisions within the organization using consistent data/analysis.