Sr Manager, Food Safety NA
Blue Rock Search is partnered with Subway, a leading global QSR Franchisor, to identify their next Senior Manager of Food Safety North America. As part of the FSQA Americas team, this role provides leadership and guidance to the Subway teams, suppliers, IPC and others on product and supply chain food safety to ensure the strictest standards are upheld in the NA markets. The Sr. FS Manager works in partnership with the FSQA Category Managers on supplier / facility approval and onboarding, product development, risk analysis, food safety inspections, and supplier and ingredient approval.
- Partner with the FSQA North America Category Managers, Nutritionist, Culinary, Operations, Non-Trad, suppliers, IPC and distribution teams to approve and manage suppliers and products for the region.
- Address supply chain constraints, manage quality/food safety incident response and assess risks, applying the FSQA guidelines while remaining flexible to individual team and business needs.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory and brand food safety standards for domestic products across all categories: expectation manual, GFSI requirements, audit program, micro standards, etc.
- Participate on food safety supplier approval processes with IPC and the FSQA Category Managers verifying compliance of supplier plants with Subway requirements, completing food safety verification of product specifications and support the FSQA Category Managers with technical food safety visits during commercialization.
Education, Skills & Abilities Required
- Bachelor’s degree (Food Science/Engineering, Microbiology, or other related field)
- Strong knowledge of food safety, microbiology, Food Code and other food regulations
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong knowledge/experience (7+ years) within food safety, preferably with large food service or supply chain companies
- Experience with manufacturing process and formulation within the core product categories (bread, protein, cheese, sauces or related)
- Excellent communication/presentation skills to make information accessible to different audiences and to influence decisions within the organization using consistent data/analysis