Vice President Human Resources
About the Role
We are partnered with a dynamic landscaping & services organization for their Vice President of Human Resources based in Nashville, TN with a hybrid work model. The ideal candidate will report to the CEO, providing leadership in human resources, talent management, and culture change management and leading significant M&A due diligence. Responsibilities include developing talent management strategies, supporting mergers and acquisitions, leading organizational change, and scaling multi-site business platforms. This role involves up to 30% travel.
- Business-first People Leader: Establish, build, and leverage positive working relationships with the ELT. Provide organizational consulting and recommendations to ensure scalability of talent and processes to deliver on operational and financial commitments. Leverage technology, metrics, data, and dashboards to define, track, and regularly communicate relevant KPIs to senior leadership.
- HR Assessment & Strategy: Partner with the ELT to define people operations inclusive of structure, process, analytics, tools, and talent to achieve the company’s financial goals/objectives. Participate in due diligence for acquisition targets and recommend acquisition strategy and deal structure based on findings.
- Culture & Compliance: Create, coach, and integrate leadership and employee behaviors that support company values and serve as the foundation for the people strategy. Develop and deploy programs that foster engagement and retention across a geographically dispersed employee population. Work with leaders to manage the resolution of complex employment matters, including investigations and performance management. Provide SME advice, counsel, and hands-on support, ensuring compliance with company policies and all federal & state employment laws.
- Comp Design & Integration: Develop a fully integrated Total Rewards Strategic Plan. Analyze the competitiveness of existing compensation programs and define the roadmap required to achieve the company’s global growth goals. Organize and execute a proactive compensation communication plan to promote employee awareness, understanding, and engagement.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 10+ years of HR leadership experience.
- Proficiency in HRIS systems.
- Strong communication skills.
- SPHR certification, and experience in private equity owned companies are desirable.
- Master’s degree preferred.
**This role requires up to 30% travel.**