Reporting to the CEO/Co-Founder, the Vice President Human Resources will play a critical role in shaping the performance and culture of our growing team of 160+ U.S. employees and further developing a best-in-class People & Culture team. This is a new role that will sit on our Executive Leadership Team. The incoming leader will drive all aspects of the People & Culture function: Talent Acquisition, People Ops, Learning & Development, Talent Management, Total Rewards, Diversity & Inclusion, and Workplace Experience. The incoming leader will be closely involved in the scaling of our company strategy, ensuring we build the optimal teams and capabilities to deliver on our objectives. S/he will be a collaborative partner to the leadership team, and must be comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment to support the growth of our business.
- Business-first People Leader: Establish, build, and leverage positive working relationships with the CEO & ELT. Provide organizational consulting and recommendations to ensure scalability of talent and processes to deliver on our operational and financial commitments.
- Assess & Shape the People & Culture Function: Conduct full assessment of People & Culture function, inclusive of strategy, structure, talent, and technology. Lead, mentor, and inspire People & Culture team in their efforts to support achievement of our enterprise-wide OKRs.
- TA Strategy & Execution: Design/launch a TA roadmap that can quickly ramp and scale to meet business needs. Must be capable of managing internal TA resources as well as external vendor support in executing full lifecycle recruiting, from recruitment marketing to screening to onboarding. Imbed culture & belonging philosophy in all TA activities, cultivating memorable candidate connections, creating passionate brand stewards, and ushering in a new generation of talent.
- Total Rewards Design & Integration: Develop a fully integrated Global Total Rewards Strategy and define the roadmap required to achieve the company’s global growth goals. Lead the design and implementation of the equity compensation strategy, working in partnership with external consultants, including design, implementation, communication, and administration of an all-employee equity participation/eligibility program.
- Minimum of 12 years' HR leadership experience across various COEs required; proven performance within Talent Acquisition and Total Rewards is highly desired
- Strong people leader; can drive results and solutions through managing others
- Metrics-Driven/Analytical Expertise: Utilizing data-driven approaches to create “best practice” solutions. Utilizing these performance-driven approaches in liaising with technical teams and product-driven leaders
- Business Acumen: Demonstrated understanding of the strategic, operational and financial components of broader business management
- Strong strategic planning and proven execution to optimize HR’s solution delivery to the business
- Passionate about people and culture, with an emphasis on culture, inclusion, and belonging
- Strong operational continuous improvement track record
- Must possess in-depth negotiating, influencing, and consulting skills
- Excellent project management skills and experience; direct experience with agile ways of working
- Must be able to exercise judgment and independently determine and take appropriate action within defined HR policies and procedures
- Must be able to develop solutions to a wide range of highly complex problems, which require an in-depth degree of ingenuity, creativity, and innovation
- Superior oral and written communication skills; board relations experience essential
- Maturity of temperament; able to render a calm stabilizing presence without compromising influence and authority
- A strategic thinker, inspiring leader, effective manager and team player
- Demonstrate credibility, integrity, and trust
- Collaborative and with the ability to create opportunities that facilitate buy-in and teamwork
- Lead innovation and constantly drive for results; a disruptor who thinks bigger, beyond incremental improvement