About the Role
The VP Operations, Western Region will own the successful transformation of the Laredo Site – from its current “cross-dock” status to a fully operational “production” facility. This critical leadership role will also be tasked with partnering with the appropriate internal/external resources to achieve planned employee population growth targets (i.e. from 100 to 300 by year-end 2020). The Ideal Candidate will have previous experience running a full production operation and also with building leadership teams/operations from the ground-up. The incoming VP Operations, Western Region must be accustomed to and comfortable with a fast-paced, dynamic environment and capable of rolling up his/her sleeves while also focusing on strategic initiatives.
- Operational Transformation:Partner with SVP Ops and peers on the North America leadership team to drive the transformation of the Laredo site from cross-dock to full production facility.
- Organizational Assessment:Partner with Director HR, US Ops to assess the current state of the Laredo site leadership team, org structure, people processes and culture. Develop and implement short/long-term People Strategy to scale the operation and top-grade the leadership team.
- KPI’s & Metrics:Partner with SVP Operations to quickly gain an understanding of critical KPIs (i.e. Cost, Quality & Service) and implement a Laredo site-specific plan to achieve established performance standards.
- Operational Leadership:Quickly establish local relationships, standards and cadence with site leadership team and broader employee population. Build and leverage relationships with COEs and peers across the network.
- Establish the overall vision and set the strategic direction of Western Region Operations.
- Ensure that Western Region Operations are compliant with all Food Safety requirements and successfully protect our customers/consumers.
- Develop and implement new business strategies for creating or improving processes and procedures to improve corporate performance.
- Partner with Human Resources to drive the successful achievement of all people-related goals.
- Monitor financial performance to ensure the department is meeting or exceeding budgetary commitment. Analyze and report on the department's daily, monthly and annual key performance indicators and industry trends.
- Budget preparation, monitoring and control of P&L. Develop and implement strategies around improving the financial performance of Western Region Operations.
- Measure and monitor key customer service areas.
- Examine reports (e.g. inventory, sales and daily reports) to determine the operational activities of the company and ensure optimum performance.
- Bachelor’s Degree highly preferred.
- Minimum of 15 years of professional experience and 3-5 years of Operations leadership experience.
- Effective leadership skills, with a strong focus on operations and business processes. Previous leadership experience in a multi-site environment is highly preferred.
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills. Need to be creative, adaptable and able to accurately handle out-of-the-ordinary issues with a sense of urgency.
- Able to identify key issues - creatively and strategically overcome internal challenges or obstacles.
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- High level of integrity, confidentiality and accountability.
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization and execution skills.
- Proficiency in use of English language, with the ability to communicate effectively and professionally, present information and direction, and field questions from managers, employees and external contacts.
- Highly proficient in computer-use skills (MS Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Valid passport, driver’s license and clean driving record is required.
- Up to 40-50% travel. Normal 10-25%.