As a member of the HR Leadership Team, reporting to the Chief People Officer, the VP Global Total Rewards will be a key strategic partner to the executive leadership team and board of directors as the company prepares for IPO. This is an opportunity to design, develop, and implement a global total rewards philosophy, architecture, and mindset across a high-growth, pre-IPO company that is fundamentally challenging existing paradigms in the food technology industry.
- Assess & Shape the Function: Conduct full assessment of Total Rewards function, inclusive of structure, talent, culture, process, and technology, ensuring IPO-readiness. Identify needs, growth areas, and pain points – make recommendations and define TR strategy and goals.
- Compensation Plan Design: Expand current compensation structure & philosophy, developing and executing a comp plan that prepares the company for IPO and enables future scaling and hyper-growth. Lead the organization in establishing a market-relevant short-term incentive plan for the salaried employee population. Partner with the Sales organization to implement a Sales Compensation framework.
- Executive Compensation & IPO Planning: Lead the design and implementation of pre/post-IPO executive comp strategy, working in partnership with external consultants (Radford), including design, implementation, communication, and administration of all equity and cash comp programs. Collaborate with ELT & Legal to address/mitigate SEC & ISS inquiries, ensuring compliance along the IPO launch roadmap. Partner with CPO, Comp Committee Chair, and President to develop materials for the Compensation Committee meetings, actively engaging with Compensation Committee members on all pre/post-Board Meeting follow-up action items.
- Communications Strategy: Develop and implement a proactive communication plan for the Global Total Rewards function that directly supports and drives the strategic direction of the business and speaks holistically to delivering a positive employee experience.
- Benefits Design: Partner with benefits broker and the Chief People Officer to develop, execute, and communicate key benefits changes. Oversee all program change or new plan rollouts. Participate in the selection and management of all vendors, brokers, and administrative partners.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or related field (MBA preferred)
- Minimum of 12 years of compensation & benefit design expertise, including broad-based, executive, equity, and sales compensation, with at least 5 years in a senior leadership role
- Pre- and post-IPO experience within hyper-growth organizations is highly preferred
- CCP (Certified Compensation Professional), GRP (Global Renumeration Professional), and/or CECP (Certified Executive Compensation Professional) certifications are a strong plus
- Demonstrated experience in executive compensation, broad-based compensation, variable compensation plan design, compensation analysis, trends and compensation best practices in a multi-disciplined environment, ideally with exposure to technical business units (e.g. lab/science, research, engineering, competitive intelligence, translational medicine, etc.)
- Demonstrated excellence in preparing and co-leading compensation committee discussions
- Deep analytical, pragmatic and adaptable mindset, with the ability to evaluate complex data and make recommendations
- Ability to quickly establish credibility to partner effectively with business leaders and people team colleagues to define and deliver effective processes, data, and programs that support the business goals
- Bias towards action (with a strong sense of urgency) and a continuous process improvement mindset