Last updated: March 30, 2021
Your Privacy Rights
Personal information is information that identifies you. This policy applies to personal information we collect online and offline. We collect information online through our websites and mobile apps published and offline through Blue Rock Search branch offices.
We provide executive level search services to clients and job services to candidates seeking current or future job opportunities. We collect personal information to help connect candidates with jobs at Blue Rock Search and Blue Rock Search clients. We collect this data through our website and apps, over the phone, and in person.
We collect information about you when you visit our website, use our services, visit our branch locations, or when you provide it to us in any other way. We also collect information from third party sources.
We collect information when you choose to give it to us. This includes:
- contact information like your name, phone number, and email address;
- your work history, including your resume, cover letter, and previous job experience;
- job application materials including the application form, cover letter, and other material you provide;
- information you choose to import from third party services like file storage sites or single sign-on services;
- your precise geographic location;
- demographic information, including age, ethnicity, and gender. Providing this information is voluntary and is only used by Blue Rock Search to meet diversity goals. We do not provide this information to hiring managers.
We collect information about you automatically when you visit our sites. This includes:
- your IP address;
- your browser and operating system details;
- actions you take on the site.
We collect information about you if you visit a branch. This includes:
- your image from a security camera or if you interact with a virtual assistant;
- any paper materials you provide to us.
Sources of Information
In addition to information we collect from you, we also may collect information about you from third party sources. These sources include:
- third party websites and services like job boards and professional network sites;
- background check providers;
- your references;
- business intelligence sources;
- Blue Rock Search clients;
We use the information we collect for our business purposes, which include:
Recruiting and hiring – We use contact information and job application data to contact and evaluate candidates for current and future job openings.
Providing our websites and mobile apps
- We use the information we collect about your device and the information you give us to allow you to create an account on our sites and apps.
- We use information you provide to us to administer the various services you opt in to, including emails and notifications about career opportunities and other developments.
Product development and improvement – We use all personal data we collect to develop new products, tools, and services including chatbots and other uses of artificial intelligence.
Sales and Marketing
- We use contact information to make sales calls, and send out advertising materials to candidates, customers, and customer prospects
- If you create an account on our site, we will send you emails with job content
- We may use personal data to show you advertisements on our site
- We use the personal data we collect on our site and apps to profile the interests of employers and job seekers, and understand their interests
- We use information we collect about your device to generate statistics about how you use our site
Security, fraud prevention, and legal compliance – We use personal data to ensure the security of our sites and services, to protect against fraud, and to comply with legal requirements.
We may use your information for any other purpose that you choose to opt in to on our sites. We do not sell your data for their direct marketing purposes unless you opt in to such marketing. If you do not want to receive email from us, visit the “Opt Out” or “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any Blue Rock Search email to remove yourself from continued receipt of such email messages.
Information Sharing with Third Parties
We share personal information with clients, service providers, affiliated companies, and other third parties.
Sharing with Clients
With your permission, we may submit your resume, application and other information to a prospective employer on the basis that such prospective employer will not 1) disclose the fact that such job seeker is seeking employment and 2) share your personal data with any other person without job your consent or otherwise in compliance with applicable labor and employment laws.
We may share your personal information, with sufficient information removed so that you are not readily identifiable, to prospective employers to solicit their potential interest in you as a job candidate.
Sharing with Service Providers
Sharing with Other Third Parties
We may share user information with third parties when we believe, in our sole discretion, that such sharing is appropriate:
- to comply with the law, including but not limited to, in response to a subpoena served on Blue Rock Search;
- to protect the rights, property or safety of Blue Rock Search, our users or others;
- or to prevent activity that we believe, in our sole discretion, may be or may become illegal, unethical, or legally actionable (including exchanging user information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection).
We will share personal information with a third party who acquires any or all of Blue Rock Search’s business units, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation or purchase of all or a substantial portion of our assets. In addition, in the event Blue Rock Search becomes the subject of an insolvency proceeding, personal information will be disposed of in a transaction approved by the court.
Any information you post in a public area of the site will be visible to other users and can be read, used, or collected by others. Blue Rock Search is not responsible for the way others may use data you post to public areas of the site.
We may share aggregate personal data from you and others and share it with clients, advertisers, and other third parties. This information does not identify you personally.
We use the following types of cookies:
- Security: These cookies allow us to secure access to your account.
- Preference: These cookies are used to store your preferences.
- Analytics: We track traffic patterns so we can identify popular content and potential problems.
- Advertising: Cookies assist us in advertising to you on and off our sites.
Some cookies will remain on your computer after you have left our site. You can control your cookies at the browser level, but if you choose to disable cookies, it may limit your use of certain features on our sites and apps. Some browsers may be configured to send Do Not Track signals to websites. Blue Rock Search does not accept or process such Do Not Track signals or similar mechanisms.
Blue Rock Search restricts access to the personal information it collects to those who have a valid business need to know that information. Access to personal information is granted based on the minimum access required to fulfill the business need and purpose for which it is collected, used and shared. We endeavor to use commercially reasonable security safeguards, practices and procedures, and we commit to the highest level of care to protect the privacy and integrity of personal information, throughout its useful life-cycle, from collection until destruction. You are responsible for keeping your account credentials safe.
Information Security Incident Response
If we discover that your personal information has been involved in a security incident, we will take appropriate steps to respond to the incident in a timely manner and, where legally required, notify you of the incident.
Retention of Personal Information
Blue Rock Search will keep your personal information for as long as we have a business need and purpose to retain the information, including storage for auditing and archival purposes. When we believe we no longer need such information, we will destroy or otherwise dispose of your personal information in a manner intended to preserve your privacy and security.
Blue Rock Search’s services are only available to individuals over the age of 18. Blue Rock Search is not intended for and does not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under 18. If we believe you are under 18, we may delete your information at any time without notice to you. If you are the parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 and believe that your child has provided personal information to us, you may use the “contact us” information below to exercise your rights as a parent or guardian.
Changes to this Policy
Reporting Fraudulent Activities
If you become aware of any potentially fraudulent activity on our website or in an email or text, please contact Ruben Moreno at email@example.com so that we can follow up with appropriate actions.
International Data Transfer
Blue Rock Search’s website and services are provided in the United States. If you access the website from outside the United States, you consent that your information may be transferred to and maintained on computers and servers located in the United States. Blue Rock Search may further transfer personal information you provide to us to other countries.
Rights to Request Access to or Deletion of Your Personal Information
You have the right to know whether Blue Rock Search has collected personal information from you. You may request that Blue Rock Search tell you:
- the categories or specific pieces of personal information that Blue Rock Search has collected about you;
- the categories of sources where Blue Rock Search obtained personal information about you;
- the business purposes for which Blue Rock Search collects your personal information; and
- the categories of third parties with which Blue Rock Search shares personal information
You can make 2 such access requests every 12 months.
You have the right to request that Blue Rock Search delete any of your personal information that Blue Rock Search has collected from you, with certain exceptions. We may refuse your deletion request if we are permitted by law to keep the information, or if the law otherwise permits us to keep information. If we deny a deletion request, we will tell you why the request was denied.
Before we grant you access to or deletion of your personal information, we must verify your identity. To do this, we will ask you to confirm information we have previously collected about you. If we ask you to verify your identity, and you do not promptly cooperate, we may be unable to fulfill your request. We will make commercially reasonable efforts to fulfill your request within 45 days, however if we need additional time we may notify you during the initial 45-day period that we will extend the time frame up to an additional 45 days.
Blue Rock Search, LLC. is located at 2946 University Parkway, Sarasota, FL 34243, and is the legal entity determining the purposes and means of processing the personal information collected under this policy.
Blue Rock Search
2946 University Parkway
Sarasota, FL 34243